Miocic showed he's levels above Ngannou

Kwik Kick

Orange Belt
@Orange
Reaction score
I keep reading threads saying Stipe looked bad in this fight and people like Helwani and Dave Doyle said the 1st round of the UFC 220 fight was crazy as Ngannou was landing bombs and it was so suspenseful.

Did I watch a different first round? Ngannou was winging hooks and not landing as Stipe's head movement was evading almost everything thrown at him. Francis had no idea what to do on the ground and Stipe took him down with ease. Miocic destroyed this guy and looked very skilled doing it.

These commentaries seem so biased towards non-Americans generally. I don't get it.

Stipe put a clinic on him.

Ngannous power was there, fo sho. He closed up Miocics eye nearly to a slit by the 5th round, and rocked him as well.

But Stipe had him in a defensive shell for about 95% of the fight.

Levels of cardio.

I keep reading threads saying Stipe looked bad in this fight and people like Helwani and Dave Doyle said the 1st round of the UFC 220 fight was crazy as Ngannou was landing bombs and it was so suspenseful.

Did I watch a different first round? Ngannou was winging hooks and not landing as Stipe's head movement was evading almost everything thrown at him. Francis had no idea what to do on the ground and Stipe took him down with ease. Miocic destroyed this guy and looked very skilled doing it.

These commentaries seem so biased towards non-Americans generally. I don't get it.

They're trying to salvage their credibility a little after slavering over Ngannou's chances going into the fight.

Think people are just feeling stupid for jumping on another hypetrain and this is how they deal with it.

Ngannou showed that he could threaten Stipe and go 5 rounds even with huge, gaping holes in his game. Other people are saying that makes him look terrible. I think it makes him look great.

If he improves any one of those holes, he beats Stipe. He has so much to improve on and still fights at the chamionship level.

That first Round is amazing. The way he managed to avoid the storm and in the second half started to put him into deep waters.

Stipe pushing Francis's head down for four rounds was fantastic.

That's how to humble people.

Ngannous showed he's an amateur
giphy.gif

Ngannous showed he's an amateur

I kind of agree with that guy. Ngannou didn't gas out because of cardio. He made a rookie mistake and gave himself an adrenaline dump. That kind of mistake costing you a world title has happened before --- see Shane Carwin against Brock Lesnar.

It's a product of short or no amateur careers and only 10-15 fights befeore fighting for a world title. That doesn't happen in boxing where guys have 50 amateur fights and 30 pro fights before fighting for titles. It's a lack of experience.

It's also why all these people saying Ngannou has bad cardio are dead wrong. He'll learn from this and come back better without even needing to hit the treadmill or talk to a Jiu Jitsu coach. He still needs to do both of those, don't get me wrong.

But this fight didn't say anything about Ngannou's ability to go 5 rounds. It said that he's only had 10 fights and made a rookie mistake that he should have learned not to make during a lengthy amateur career.

Stipe schooled him, and Ngannou's Sherdog dick riders are upset<{hughesimpress}>

Everyone knew Stipe was BETTER, the question was whether Ngannou would knock him out.

I think ngannou listen to the casuals after this fight. During his post fight it sounds like he only blames his cardio. If that's the case he's going to lose next time. He is lacking experience and know in many positions and being stuck in those positions and trying to force an improvement is wasted energy.

Ngannou isn't coming back to do anything. He'll be cut within two fights.

He ko'd a 38 year old Arlofski and a 37 year old Overeem who went in with shit strategies.

Velasquez would wrestle-fuck Ngannou into oblivion. I think Werdum could submit him by round 2-3 and I'd even wager Hunt could ko him by round 2-3.

Stipe exposed Ngannou for what he is...a big muscley guy who has killer knock out power, little to know boxing skill, zero TTD or ground game and a 1 round gas tank.

I kind of agree with that guy. Ngannou didn't gas out because of cardio. He made a rookie mistake and gave himself an adrenaline dump. That kind of mistake costing you a world title has happened before --- see Shane Carwin against Brock Lesnar.

It's a product of short or no amateur careers and only 10-15 fights befeore fighting for a world title. That doesn't happen in boxing where guys have 50 amateur fights and 30 pro fights before fighting for titles. It's a lack of experience.

It's also why all these people saying Ngannou has bad cardio are dead wrong. He'll learn from this and come back better without even needing to hit the treadmill or talk to a Jiu Jitsu coach. He still needs to do both of those, don't get me wrong.

But this fight didn't say anything about Ngannou's ability to go 5 rounds. It said that he's only had 10 fights and made a rookie mistake that he should have learned not to make during a lengthy amateur career.
uh carwin threw like 10x more punches did ngannou did vs lesnar lol. ngannou didnt really throw all that much he just throws wild sloppy bombs and that gassed him in like 4 minutes

Ngannou showed he is one of the least complete fighters out there.

I didn't give Ngannou anymore than a punchers chance, anyway. I'm also highly skeptical of the ability of those as big as Ngannou.

Ngannou actually fought a very smart fight.
His best chance was to get a quick KO, and that's what he tried for.
He needed to surprise Stipe. He also had to try to get him before Stipe gained some confidence.
Ngannou's plan failed.
Had he been able to pull it off, everyone would be singing his praises.

the best was when francis kept put his hands down on the mat to avoid the knees… if this were pride rules with knees and soccer kicks francis would have been finished earlier

Well, according to fightmetric they were tied for distance and clinch significant strikes in the 1st. I don't know what you're getting at with the 'commentaries are biased towards non-Americans' thing, if anything it seems like the opposite to me. People saying Ngannou was destroyed when all Stipe did was lay on him.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Freddie556
Back