LOL at people that said Ngannou would KO Jones

Frankie Baby!

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
Ngannou was exposed HARD last night, I can see JBJ beating him, JDS had a great chance, Alistair could beat him, Brock Lesnar would smash him, DC would beat him. Hype is amazing in how it can blind reality. Great night of fights tho, with both Bellator, and the UFC.

Discuss.

(Cain beats Stipe)

Yeah, he lost when he was expected to win, so that obviously means everyone can not only beat him, but play with him. Right.

If is easy why he doesn't move up? jones is a skinny chicken roid user

Speculative threads are so dumb.

One man beat him last night. Stipe.

Credit goes to him alone.

He’d rip jones in half. There are weight classes for a reason.

Jon wouldn’t even take that fight. Too dangerous.

Don't know about this. How does Jones keep a guy like Ngannou off of him? Not like Jones has huge power, even at LHW and on PEDs.

Francis still has the power to trouble ANYONE, and a lot of this is Stipe not getting the respect he deserves.

A lot of guys could certainly trouble Francis with a wrestling orientated attack to tire him out, but he still packs a punch. But why the hell is Overeem's name on there who just got killed by Francis? JDS is an old man who can barely move & has no chin left, Francis mauls him.

As for Jones, he wouldn't have the huge reach advantage he normally employs, hopefully it would be fought under the new rules to eliminate his eyepokes, he'd be tested relentlessly so wouldn't be on steroids or wang pills or whatever his latest excuse might be. I know the Jones who barely beat OSP isn't destroying anyone & there's a good chance that's the only time Jones has been close to clean in the Octagon.

Stipe would take Jones down immediately and pound his face in.

Ngannou was exposed HARD last night, I can see JBJ beating him, JDS had a great chance, Alistair could beat him, Brock Lesnar would smash him, DC would beat him. Hype is amazing in how it can blind reality. Great night of fights tho, with both Bellator, and the UFC.

Discuss.

(Cain beats Stipe)

Cain probably beats Stipe, but we don't know anything about Cains health yet.

JBJ hasn't beaten a HW at HW in his life. He had problems with OSP and was getting outstruck by DC till that high kick. And he was jacked up, and still had issues. Coin toss.

JDS of old would beat him, today's JDS gets KO'd silly.

Alistar could not beat him lol :D

Ngannou is as strong as Lesnar, and has basic but powerful striking. Lesnar would get schooled.

DC is too small, but yeah, he has a shot.

Ngannou wasn't exactly exposed.

While he was exposed for not being a champion, he has also shown that he is a real prospect. That dude probably has an awesome career ahead of him.

I can't believe I clicked on this thread...lol

Oh Stipe beat him, then Mighty Mouse would probably beat him too.

I have no crystal ball so I don't know if ngannou would be he definitely CAN.

There's a HUGE difference between Stipe and Jon, power-wise.

Jon has a good all around arsenal of strikes, but his punching is nothing special. Cormier is his first KO ever, and the first time in quite a while he's even stopped an opponent.

Dudes like Stipe and Ngannou knock heads off.

we need more fights out of him to see of he's really number 2. There isn't much to go by. He's fought mostly joe shmoes n john Does n obviously Arlovski can get Brett Rogered anytime as he's known for and Overeem is always looking for a way to get KOed by people he would beat 51-100% of the time.

Distance and cardio, he has both.

If the guy can walk through your shots, though, you can't maintain that distance, is my point, and Jones only has 1.5" of reach advantage (vs, say, his 12" advantage over DC). Stipe has some of the best power/striking there is, and he was able to make an impression, but I don't see Jones being able to accomplish the same.

Kind of besides the point, regardless. Jones is sidelined, again, and he's shown zero ability to remain clean for even the shortest periods of time.

Last edited:
Id bet jones would actually be physically bigger and stronger than Stipe if he actually moved up. DC has said in multiple interviews jones is the strongest guy hes ever faced. And DC manhandled HW's.

There is no doubt jones would dominate HW, they are all too slow and gas too fast. And are not on his level in terms of all around skill.

Back