Ngannou: I learned some different aspects of this sport and I'll come back stronger! TRUST ME.

Shoulda learn that stuff on da gym so you don't learn them when Stipe is already on top

No one man should have that chin and power. Imagine if he added cardio + wrestling? <{danawhoah}><30>

Good to see he discovered groundgame and the importance of cardio!

Will we see a lighter Francis "Cardio-Machine" Ngannou next year?

I back. Trust me, I back.

He has A LOT to work on his cardio and wrestling. Now everybody will try to wrestle with him.

Glad the big man is taking it well. Looking forward to seeing an improved version.

And then he discovered cardio. Mind blown.

Dana: “Francis is obsessed with Stipe, wasn’t efficient with his energy.”

Needs to lose some of those muscles and weight. Needs cardio improvement badly

He has A LOT to work on his cardio and wrestling. Now everybody will try to wrestle with him.
I think wrestling him was the plan from day one, way before Stipe.

Basically everybody was trying to clinch/wrestle him already. Stipe is just better.

I think the adrenaline dump really killed him as well, but it's hard to calm someone down in the biggest moment of their life.

WTF. Is this the 90's?

There are no secret techniques anymore, if you get to the top level of MMA in this era & don't already have a ground game & cardio then you need to sack your trainers & go & join a decent camp. Having a couple of mates hanging with you whilst you bum around at the Performance Institute just isn't going to cut it.

It's pretty clear Francis hasn't really been challenged in the gym. Probably doesn't have many, if any good training partners. That needs to change

This loss is a great learning experience for him. I hope he comeback a much better, smarter fighter.

Basically everybody was trying to clinch/wrestle him already. Stipe is just better.

I think the adrenaline dump really killed him as well, but it's hard to calm someone down in the biggest moment of their life.

He said something about underestimating stipe during the post-fight interview. I have it that the guy thought he was going to rush in and take his head off like everyone else.

If he does pick up cardio, watch for some of that power to disappear. People seem to not get there's an inverse relationship. Very few are known for both exceptional power and conditioning.

Another person that bought into the hype about himself.

But, I don’t get how you just decide to overlook a guy like Stipe. Look at his background, and experience. His gameplan had to be pretty obvious to anybody that knows the sport. When plan A doesn’t work. It’s a pretty good idea to have a plan B. Ngannou, and his coaches screwed the pooch.

Sometimes fighters learn from losses like this. Sometimes they don’t. But, he has a cpl glaring holes in his game. Grand Canyon sized holes. And, Stipe just gave the world the blueprint to beating Ngannou.

There indeed are levels, and different combat arts in mma.

It’ll be interesting to see what happens next.

Back