Robert Whittaker is now in serious condition

VIPERdude

Red Belt
@red
Reaction score
Staph infection in your stomach?

According to White, who spoke to TSN’s Aaron Bronsteter following Saturday’s UFC 220 event at TD Garden in Boston, Whittaker was dealing with a staph infection in his stomach that did not receive proper treatment. As a result, the 185-pound champ apparently is in serious condition.

“He had staph infection in his stomach,” White said. “From what I understand it wasn’t treated properly and started to eat away at parts of his organs. He’s in serious condition, so it’s going to be a minute before he’s back, I think. Hopefully it turns around quick, but that stuff is life threatening if not treated the right way.”

Man i hope Bobby comes through ok, one of my favorites. Sounds bad...

oh my god staph infection in your stomach sounds horrible

Son of a motherfurcker! That's fucked up.

He won’t be back at least until 2019, the ufc can’t even give titles away.

Reminds me of the show monsters inside me

I was wondering how many posts it would take for some jerkoff to mention this

Take it easy, buddeh. I think Sherdog has enough collective sympathy to go around to all the seriously ill fighters.

Oh man...He seems like one of the nicer down to earth guys. Really hope he fully recovers

MW has some serious issues now.

Guess GSP should have held onnto the title a little longer.

Will knuckles drop the belt since he can’t fight?

Have rocksalt vs ??? For title? Rematch with bisping hahahah

Blessing in disguise. Now we get an entertaining freak Cuban athlete as MW champ
That is the worst thing I have heard on sherdog for a long time..
You think it's good that he has a life threatening illness. Just so a roided 40 year old can be a champion..

Well if that's the case I hope you get a sti in you mouth and brain.. It's a blessing in disguise..

Can anyone explain to me why they all get staph infections???

Can anyone explain to me why they all get staph infections???
Gotta be a combo of the amount of sweat created rolling around on the mats, plus the humidity of the gym, not great gym cleanliness and also fighters not washing properly. Great breeding ground for bacteria etc.

Back