Cain is not even on top 3 of HW of all times

DaviVasco

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
I don't get it why Cain is so overrated.

Fedor, werdum and now Miocic have way more impressive resumes.

Werdum was a champion when he was as old as 39, he is 40 and still fighting at high level. Has fought the best, including Fedor and destroyed Cain.

Stipe is fucking awesome, beat the record of most hw title defenses and is very active champion

Fedor, I don't even need to talk about him

So what about Cain ? His most notable wins are against JDS, who has no ground game. So you consider wins against WWE Lesnar and old minotauro as great wins ? Cain last win was against the gate keeper Ronda Browne

Stipe, Fedor, werdum,l >>>>>>>>> cain

Cain is like borderline top 5. Fedor, Werdum, Stipe, Nog should be ahead of him and guys like Overeem, JDS and Barnett can be argued against him.

DC was nearly in tears because he knows his good friend has been denied his rightful place as champ due to injuries. Cain would still be undefeated from his first title victory if he remained healthy. That Werdum loss wasn’t right, and it’s a valid victory for Fabricio but you can’t tell me that looked anything like Cain. Sure Werdums striking has improved but no where near the level required to sap the cardio of Velasquez

Fedor and Cain are the heavyweight goats

When talking about the best HW's of all time the top three is Fedor, Big Nog & Mirko.

Cain had the potential to be the best HW of all time in the UFC, but was plagued with injuries. Hopefully he can come back and stay healthy and possibly get back to becoming dominant, but we won't know until he comes back.

Fedor, Nogueira, and Werdum are so much more accomplished than every other HW that it's absolutely disrespectful when anyone puts another fighter above them. It blows my mind. It's not even close.

Fedor - #1 HW of all time

#1 fighters defeated (1):
Nogueira 1
Top 5 fighters defeated (5):
Nogueira 3
Cro Cop
Arlovski
Sylvia
Herring
Top 10 fighters defeated (6):
Coleman 1
Hunt
Randleman
Schilt
Rogers
Fujita

Nogueira - #2 HW of all time

Coleman
Cro Cop
Sylvia
Herring 1
Barnett 2
Rodriguez
Top 10 fighters defeated (7):
Couture
Werdum
Herring 2
Kharitonov
Schaub
Schilt
Overeem

Werdum - #3 HW of all time

#1 fighters defeated (2):
Fedor
Velasquez
Top 5 fighters defeated (2):
Hunt
Browne
Overeem
Gonzaga
Nelson
Alexander Emelianenko
Russow
Erikson

Stipe - #6 HW of all time

Werdum
Top 5 fighters defeated (3):
Overeem
JDS
Ngnannou
Top 10 fighters defeated (2):
Arlovski
Hunt

JDS #4 and Overeem #5.

Fedor
Nog
Cro Cop
Werdum

You got guys like Mirko who have been fighting over 20 years at a very high level and of course in the fight game you will have ups and downs especially over 20 years. Not many people have CC's unique resume while Cain can barely even fight once every 2 years. Blows my mind how people forget

Last edited:
His resume is obviously not there but he is based on his skills and potential.

I still think Cain could have defended more if the injury bug didnt get to him. He was as dominant as Fedor, or Miocic but couldnt put together as many nice wins. Werdum overall is someone only a dominant fighter really has the chance to beat.

Cain's prime years were wasted due to his injuries. It's a shame we never got to see if he could in fact beat Honda.

Guess we will have to speculate

He only fought a handful of guys. Which is weird considering how long he’s been top 5.

Fedor
Nog
Cro Cop
Werdum

You got guys like Mirko who have been fighting over 20 years at a very high level and of course in the fight game you will have ups and downs especially over 20 years. Not many people have CC's unique resume while Cain can barely even fight once every 2 years. Blows my mind how people forget

Sure in overall hall of fame like rankings, Cain isnt as high. Nor obviously was Brock, but they were very dangerous at a given time. Miocic is also up there with Mirko, with this string of huge wins. Hes just mid career so its harder to compare.

Fedor, Nogueira, and Werdum are so much more accomplished than every other HW that it's absolutely disrespectful when anyone puts another fighter above them. It blows my mind. It's not even close.

Fedor - #1 HW of all time

Nogueira 1
Nogueira 3
Cro Cop
Arlovski
Sylvia
Herring
Coleman 1
Hunt
Randleman
Schilt
Rogers
Fujita

Nogueira - #2 HW of all time

Coleman
Cro Cop
Sylvia
Herring 1
Barnett 2
Rodriguez
Top 10 fighters defeated (7):
Couture
Werdum
Herring 2
Kharitonov
Schaub
Schilt
Overeem

Werdum - #3 HW of all time

#1 fighters defeated (2):
Fedor
Velasquez
Top 5 fighters defeated (2):
Hunt
Browne
Overeem
Gonzaga
Nelson
Alexander Emelianenko
Russow
Erikson

Stipe - #6 HW of all time

Werdum
Top 5 fighters defeated (3):
Overeem
JDS
Ngnannou
Top 10 fighters defeated (2):
Arlovski
Hunt

JDS #4 and Overeem #5.

Now THIS ^ is a list that makes sense!

Sure in overall hall of fame like rankings, Cain isnt as high. Nor obviously was Brock, but they were very dangerous at a given time. Miocic is also up there with Mirko, with this string of huge wins. Hes just mid career so its harder to compare.
Did you really just bring up brock?!?! Brock isnt even top 30.....

DC was nearly in tears because he knows his good friend has been denied his rightful place as champ due to injuries. Cain would still be undefeated from his first title victory if he remained healthy. That Werdum loss wasn’t right, and it’s a valid victory for Fabricio but you can’t tell me that looked anything like Cain. Sure Werdums striking has improved but no where near the level required to sap the cardio of Velasquez

Fedor and Cain are the heavyweight goats

It didn't look like Cain because Werdum is a poisonous style matchup for him.

Cain's weaknesses are Werdum's strengths, and even Cain's strengths are Werdum's strengths. He can't do the clinch mauling because Werdum Thai plums him and wrecks him with knees, hell he can pull guard from there and have the advantage back. He can't outstrike him on the outside because Werdum's taller limbs and height will pick him apart. He can't take him to the ground and GnP him because Fabricio will just submit him.

Werdum>Cain

Last edited:
The thing about Cain is that we saw him only a few times at 100% and those few times the guy was a fucking nightmare for any heavyweight in the world.
Is a shame that injuries and above sea level didn’t let him accomplish more.
He could have been the GOAT but shit happens.
Still to this day an 80% Cain can become the champ and that’s is pretty impressive

Cain is a fighter that shows how MMA fans cannot decide if the word “greatest” refers to peak skill level or overall accomplishments

I don't get it why Cain is so overrated.

Fedor, werdum and now Miocic have way more impressive resumes.

Werdum was a champion when he was as old as 39, he is 40 and still fighting at high level. Has fought the best, including Fedor and destroyed Cain.

Stipe is fucking awesome, beat the record of most hw title defenses and is very active champion

Fedor, I don't even need to talk about him

So what about Cain ? His most notable wins are against JDS, who has no ground game. So you consider wins against WWE Lesnar and old minotauro as great wins ? Cain last win was against the gate keeper Ronda Browne

Stipe, Fedor, werdum,l >>>>>>>>> cain
Sure, he may not be top 3 LATELY. But rest assured he will be back to whooping ass and you’ll be back to posting nonsense regardless. He can 100% smash Werdum. He had ring rust at altitude when he fought him. And he would give Stipe a real challenge. M******ckers like to forget what the man is capable of. It’s called hating. He a great fighter. Not as great as champ due to injuries. Khabib about to be champ and he’s also been plagued with injuries but you’d probably faint if he touched you.

Back