Cain does NOT deserve a title shot upon returning....

hypocalking

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
He lost to Werdum badly and then beat Travis Brown the guy Dana said should retire. Now getting one win after a lost gets you a title shot? The division is small but clearly Werdum has earned a rematch with Stipe over Cain and his one win. If beating Travis Browne means so much how come Alexey Olyneik only got Curtis Blaydes after tapping Travis? Cain should have to get at least another win under his belt before getting another shot a the title. No one else has had just one win and then gotten a fucking title shot. If the UFC does that it's just more garbage and I'll continue to enjoy their numbers sliding into shit.

I agree and i love Cain.

The last time he got an immediate shot after a long layoff he looked awful and sloppy....definately not ready for a high level fight.

He would have to re earn a shot and lose the ring rust in the process.

Multiple TS have been given to guys coming off a loss or just one win

JDS was KOed by the Reem and then beat Rothwell and got a TS

Cain hasnt earned it, but its definitely possible he gets a TS upon his return

It's not about Cain deserving it, it's more about Stipe deserving it. Beating Cain gives Stipe the opportunity to retire as the heavyweight GOAT and go back to Cleveland to terrorize his daughter's boyfriends happily ever after.

Also, fans deserve it.

I'm gonna say it again, if you support Cain for a title shot, you're never allowed to bash Conor or any other inactive fighter again.

Cain should fight N'gannou next

I'm gonna say it again, if you support Cain for a title shot, you're never allowed to bash Conor or any other inactive fighter again.

I mean dude, honestly guys like Cain and Conor are more than just themselves. Fans want to see them fight. Badasses like Stipe and Khabib deserve to fight them so they can eliminate questions in peoples' minds.

I'm not sure if your serious about GOAT or you're being sarcastic.

He certainly isn't the GOAT.
If Stipe beats Cain then I think it's certainly a solid argument that can be made. He's already broken the record for HW title defences.

I'm not sure if your serious about GOAT or you're being sarcastic.

He certainly isn't the GOAT.

Have you been watching Stipe fight? Dude is like a giant Mighty Mouse. Obviously he's a HW so it doesn't look as elegant, but that's just how physics works.

Cain should fight N'gannou next

I stand behind this 1000%. He should have to fight the last guy to come at the king and miss. IF he gets by Ngannou, let him fight for the belt again. Stipe wants time off so it works out perfectly.

TS is correct, but this is HW...

Don’t be surprised if they don’t try and pull Brawk in to challenge after July, WME is well on the way to ruining the promotion.

Cain was an injured champ for 986 days.....

He needs to prove he can fight more often than once every 2 years before he gets near a belt.

He's Mexican, an oppressed minority, he deserves all the special treatments he can get.

The thing is not about Cain deserving the shot

HW division is so shallow, Cain is one of the few really interesting match ups there. And the guy fights so rarely, we need to match him as soon as possible.

Stipe vs Werdum 2

Cain vs Ngannou

should be next
I agree, Werdum arguably won the fight against Overeem and has 4 fights since his loss against Stipe. He should be unquestionably the number 1 contender. I don't even mind Cain but I'd like to see him walk to the octagon at least once against a top guy before he's thrown into the mix. DC alluded to Cain regaining his belt later this year so maybe that's what's gonna happen. Hope not, I'm actually intrigued by Francis vs Cain. Cain is gonna Cain but I want to see if Francis improves on his game and where that takes him against someone equal to Stipe. Otherwise even Reem is a good option against Cain if they want to rebuild N'gannou slowly instead of fast forwarding his career.

Back