People doubt Stipe because he does not win in a dominant fashion

Glnick

Orange Belt
@Orange
Reaction score
That's why a lot doubt him

When fighting with Werdum I think Werdum was wining in standing until he got caught
With Alistair he almost got knocked out cold and he finished him in a weird way from the guard
With Francis he didn't try to punch him when he got him down he was just lying in there playing it very safe and I think the referee in a lot of instances should have just stand them up

He is not a bad champion but he does not win in a dominant way

What a weird thread considering the way he dominated Francis last night and everyone else before

Didn't he just have, like, four 1st round ko's in a row followed by a shutout yesterday? Can't get more dominant than that.

He’s not Khabib dominant but he’s still pretty dominant.

He gets hit. But he’s better than he seems and I think people forget that.

What the fuck is going on here? He was on a 4 fight first round KO streak and 50-44'd Ngannou's ass. Sherdog shocks me sometimes.

WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU PEOPLE WATCHING?!?!

What a weird thread considering the way he dominated Francis last night and everyone else before
Yeah but he played it very safe he is not like DC where he takes you to the ground and keeps working ,Stipe just hugged Francis for a lot of the match, he will never be like Cain Velasquez for example

When fighting with Werdum I think Werdum was wining in standing until he got caught

lol. The fight lasted less than 3 minutes. Then Werdum got ktfo. You would have a point if Werdum got knocked out in the fourth after having "won in standing".

He almost always win in dominant fashion, be it by decision or stoppage. Roy Nelson and Francis Ngannou lost pretty lop sided decisions. Arlovski, Werdum, Overeem, and JDS (in the second fight) got wrecked. Mark Hunt was dominated pretty thoroughly as well; Many even believed it should have been stopped earlier.

Yeah but he played it very safe he is not like DC where he takes you to the ground and keeps working ,Stipe just hugged Francis for a lot of the match, he will never be like Cain Velasquez for example
Sea-level cain right?

With Alistair he almost got knocked out cold and he finished him in a weird way from the guard
With Francis he didn't try to punch him when he got him down he was just lying in there playing it very safe and I think the referee in a lot of instances should have just stand them up

<codychoke>

He slept Werdum, jds, and reem all within 1 round... But he's not dominant? Wtf

this guys cheese has slid off his cracker.
ko arlovski rd1 ko werdum rd ko overeem after being rocked rd 1 ko jds and avenged his loss rd dominted francis and made him look like he didnt belong,
not dominate at all pretty epically impressive if you ask me

He did everything Ngannou did and more. TKO'd Hunt, KO'd Werdum, Overeem, Arlovski, JDS.

Much more dominant than Ngannou

It's more that Ngannou looked really really bad and his stock dropped so badly that it hurt the value of Stipe's win.

Stipe never looks good in long fights. He either lamps his opponent early or wins a prolonged ugly grindy type of fight (Gonzaga, Hunt, Ngannou).

Yeah, looking back at his wins almost every one has been dominant--I can't think of a Stipe win that wasn't dominant. Even the first JDS fight, in a loss, you saw something special. Nobody stood in there with JDS like that except Cain and Cain dominates everyone.

Stipe just made history as the most dominant champion in the UFC heavyweight division--defending the oldest belt in the sport longer than any man in history.

And here's a thread about how he isn't dominant? Haters gonna hate.

I disagree, he was working hard the entire fight while also being cautious. He's a savage on the ground (Overeem, Del Rosario, Gonzaga fights) but Ngannou was standing up whenever Stipe tried to strike

Back