Francis Ngannou "I underestimated him"

Lawblaw

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
Lol this is very stupid, why would you underestimate the reigning heavyweight champ?

You just lost to a much better mixed martial artist.

Everyone's been blowing smoke up his ass since beating the Reem. Francis thought he was an actual mixed martial artist and got annihilated when facing someone without a double digit IQ.

francis should fight cain next or rothwell … especially since he called him out a while back

He had dat UFC performance institute cardio.

Thats what you get when you leave the Performance Institute early and go back to France, the country that underestimated Germany

Francis bought into Connie's F.A.S.T system.

Francis head hunted and threw nothing but looping wild hooks and uppercuts, big homie was out there looking like Bane

giphy.gif

He got served and I'm happy with it .

He deserved to be put to his place, and I'm happy Stipe did it.
He has become to arrogant. Beating a bunch of 40 years old crystal chinned opponents fighting stupidly ( brawling ) doesn't make you the best ever.

Nice of him to own up to it but such an immature thing to do.
DC said that there are levels to this game. Not only skill but mental.
Francis isn't at the champs level.

Too much muscle,not enough cardio.
He needs to lose weight and get some ground skills

Yeah it's pretty obvious when he can't physically dominate/impress/KO his opponent he is fastly a fish out of water, both cardiowise and mostly technically wise.
And I won't throw a rock at him because he accomplished a lot in so little time, but you clearly can see his grappling "game" is lacking a lot.
And he is not used to not be able to power out of those technical situations. I'd be willing to bet he trained with a lot of good grapplers but none of them was big/strong enough to hold him down or take him down consistently..

For those who speak french it's funny because you can clearly hear his coach yelling basic grappling/positionnal instructions live ( against the fence, on the bottom...) in this fight that makes you understand that he doesn't own the "basics" of grappling/positionning

Underestimated Stipe's chin and durability I think. How can everyone calling you the biggest puncher in the world not go to your head at all? I'm pretty sure he expected Stipe go down within the first two minutes.

Win or Learn.

Uhhhh...

You over estimated yourself, bub.

If he loses weight and muscle he will only hit like like a Vespa or a framing hammer.

Happens a fair bit to guys who have that WTF kinda power. Believe to much in their own hype then reality comes along. The whole they need to be perfect and I only gotta connect once crap

It happens so often with these super powerful punchers. Once they meet someone they cannot put away easily many of them faint quickly and do not know what to do.

Ngannou is a handful for anyone on physicality alone. But a smarter more skilled fighter that can avoid the big punches and make him work will always be tough for him.

Edit: Interestingly enough a similar thing happened to Oezdemir. He started well but once he saw he could not put DC away just like that and got tagged himself you could see doubt creeping in.

francis should fight cain next or rothwell … especially since he called him out a while back
Stipe just dominated him with wrestling, Cain would put an unholy beating on him without letting him rest like Stipe did

Stipe just dominated him with wrestling, Cain would put an unholy beating on him without letting him rest like Stipe did

Well Cain better fight intelligently because he has less reach than Stipe, and his boxing defense is way badder. Not to mention Stipe has a better chin...
But yeah I think the Cain that steamrolled Browne would hurt him bad..

Back