Rory said Lima was EASILY the toughest fight of his career

QdolViR.jpg

Did you see the fight? He almost got his leg broken like Anderson Silva's and still pulled out the win.

What's the full quote? I don;'t think the fight was difficult for him as in it was a close fight with a fighter beating down on him like Lawler. I think he dominated a weaker fighter and just pulled through a freak injury

Maybe an exaggeration but his leg was jacked pretty bad, it's hard to work with that.

Lima is no joke but he must have forgot he fought Lawler and Condit.

"Nah, them guys over at the UFC are much tougher"

What we all expect him to say, right?
<DirkMavs>

Bellator might have been upset if he said a UFC fighter was his toughest fight...

Lawler shortened his career imo, his nose was leaking like a mofo tonight again

Nah he just did that to spite lawler. He's been mad at him lately and accused him of juicing a few months ago. What seems harder: a fight that was mostly just wrestling that you actually won vs a bloody war where you got lit up and beaten by a guy you've already lost to? Nah this wasn't his toughest fight

He probably just can't remember the harder ones due to how they ended.

That low calf kick is where it's at. I'm almost wondering if leg kicks should be thrown above the knee at all dead serious. Lima if he had any gas left could have won, because of one leg kick.

nah fighters usually say this during the heat of the moment after winning a relatively tough fight, when they look back at their career they'll most likely change their opinion ie GSP said Bisping was his toughest fight , but he finished him in the 2nd round by sub and was outstriking him

It's a overt respect thing that comes from Tri star Canadian fighters. GSP says that about every fighter he just fought, every time.

Chael Sonnen said Bisping hits so hard because it doesn't knock you out.

Nah he just did that to spite lawler. He's been mad at him lately and accused him of juicing a few months ago. What seems harder: a fight that was mostly just wrestling that you actually won vs a bloody war where you got lit up and beaten by a guy you've already lost to? Nah this wasn't his toughest fight
Rory was winning that fight tho

Back