There's levels to this...

djason1988

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
Both title fights definitely prove there are levels to this game. As much as the UFC wants to find the "best big thing", they're shooting themselves in the ass by feeding green prospects to veteran champions.

I legitimately felt bad for both Ngannou and Volkan. They came out swinging haymakers like debut amateurs, and looked completely lost when that failed to seal the deal. Both men suffered crippling and demoralizing defeats, and this could have serious mental repercussions on their futures as fighters. Confidence is such a huge part of this game, that the UFC may have just neutered two very talented prospects.

Ngannou looked like a guy who had been only training for 3 years, despite what all of the fanboys were going on about.

Everyone falls for this "New Breed" shit all the time. I think they just fall in love with muscles.

Both title fights definitely prove there are levels to this game. As much as the UFC wants to find the "best big thing", they're shooting themselves in the ass by feeding green prospects to veteran champions.

I legitimately felt bad for both Ngannou and Volkan. They came out swinging haymakers like debut amateurs, and looked completely lost when that failed to seal the deal. Both men suffered crippling and demoralizing defeats, and this could have serious mental repercussions on their futures as fighters. Confidence is such a huge part of this game, that the UFC may have just neutered two very talented prospects.

That's why it used to be called "gettin' schooled". You lose and hopefully learn how to improve. Besides, it's not like those divisions are stacked or anything.

Based upon the hype it will generate, Gustafson/DC 2 could be on fight pass.

Ngannou looked like a guy who had been only training for 3 years, despite what all of the fanboys were going on about.

Everyone falls for this "New Breed" shit all the time. I think they just fall in love with muscles.
Joe Rogan was giving a verbal hand job all week. That should be expensive.

Back