Questions nobody was asking

FlyingDeathKick

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
There's a couple questions I figured people would start asking and things they'd start saying if Ngannou lost but weren't mentioning before the fight. The first being should Ngannou change training camps? Not sure who he trains with exactly and I haven't seen him sparring or grappling much. also all the footage I've seen of him sparring/grappling was against guys half his size. Another one would be do you think it'd be smarter for him to lose some of the muscle mass and slim down or maybe go the Econoreem? Another thing to mention is Ngannou clearly has a solid chin unlike Overeem so if he can do something about that cardio he'll be even more scary than he already is.

In my opinion he should move somewhere that has high class trainers and fighters for him to work with. He tried to just run right through Stipe, he was doing good early on but he was swinging very wildly and missing most of the time. The thing is he doesn't really need to chase after guys or keep a high pace. Everybody knows how strong he is and how powerful he is so they will show him a ton of respect or risk getting ktfo. I think he bought into the whole "world's hardest puncher" thing a little too much and just tried to smash Stipe. He doesn't need to throw everything with that much power, even if he hits you with something light it's going to hurt so he doesn't need to swing wildly like he was tonight. I think if we see a more technical and efficient Ngannou after this fight he'll get that title one day for sure.

Yeah, if Ngannou gets with a real fight team his potential will skyrocket.

This is Sherdog. He lost a fight. He's obviously a bum that needs to retire.

dude trains with that long haired bum who isnt a legit mma trainer/coach......hitting pads and lifting in the performance institute isnt gonna cut it vs stipe

As with all things, it works until it doesn't. Francis found a way to string some exciting wins together and gain notoriety for his striking and became too focused on that one aspect. He has a bright future and we haven't seen the last of him. I don't think one decision lost against arguably the most dominant HW champ ever = fuck this camp, I'm moving.

He needs to focus on grappling. We know he has KO power, but if he faces Werdum, Cain, or hell even Timmy Big dick, he'll get wrapped up like a pretzel.

He bought into himself too much. He was uncharacteristically impatient.

Back