That was like watching a lion kill an elephant...

TrueFightFan

Fight Purist
Banned
Reaction score
Wow.

The UFC sold most of us 'wolf ticketes' and Sherdog is either filled with shills, morons or a mix of both.

Miocic did what he had to do to win the fight and if it wasn't for Ngannou's size, he would have finished him earlier but that was like watching a National Geographic's Special, complete with the "golf voice" commentary, as the lion takes twelve hours to finish the young elephant.

As for Volcan, what the hell was anyone thinking? This is where I lose my faith in Sherdog. I don't trust the UFC to tell us the truth. After all, they have to sell the fights as the next 'big thing' but to watch Sherdog explode about Volcan and Ngannou makes me wonder just how many fake accounts there are on here. Watching any of their earlier performances gave no indication that either of them were ready for a title shot "but the UFC said" and "Dana White said" and "Joe Rogan said" is all that I read these last two weeks.

Kudos to the UFC for using Sherdog as a tool to promote these fights but damn, Sherdoggers! Have some respect for your MMA knowledge and analysis skills. Even as the fat, cheeto-fingered, keyboard warriors that we are, we still know our "shit" when it comes to MMA. Aside from a "puncher's chance", Volcan and Ngannou had no chance, whatsoever.

I told everyone Stipe would win ez. Dunno what else to say.

And LOL @ "if it wasn't for Nga size"
It was a UD 50-44 ass kicking. Stipe also ate a round 1 uppercut like it was lunch.
Shut you fookin' mouth.

EDIT: Sorry, im drunk. I read that wrong. Much love for supporting Stipe <3

And LOL @ "if it wasn't for Nga size" It was a UD 50-44 ass kicking. Stipe also ate a round 1 uppercut like it was lunch.
Shut you fookin' mouth.
That's why I gave the "lion / elephant" symbology... if it wasn't for Ngannou's size, Miocic would have finished him. He just couldn't take a chance in letting him back up.

And LOL @ "if it wasn't for Nga size"
It was a UD 50-44 ass kicking. Stipe also ate a round 1 uppercut like it was lunch.
Shut you fookin' mouth.

EDIT: Sorry, im drunk. I read that wrong. Much love for supporting Stipe <3
Sorry but I can't "like" your post again. I'll "like" the next one... promise.

Miocic did what he had to do to win the fight and if it wasn't for Ngannou's size, he would have finished him earlier but that was like watching a National Geographic's Special, complete with the "golf voice" commentary, as the lion takes twelve hours to finish the young elephant.

He didn't finish him. Ngannou is the first guy to go to a decision with Stipe in 3+ years.

He didn't finish him. Ngannou is the first guy to go to a decision with Stipe in 3+ years.
He got his fucking ass beat and looked like an amateur. I was never on that train or volkans. Fuck the one punchers, they are hype trains waiting to be derailed every time.

He didn't finish him. You are correct, sir. He "would have finished him" but, damn, that's what the Lion/Elephant symbology is about.

He got his fucking ass beat and looked like an amateur

It doesn't matter, he's ranked the second best HW on planet earth dummy.

He looked better than Overeem who couldn't last one round, he looked better than JDS who couldn't last one round and he looked better than Werdum who couldn't last one round. He also inflicted more damage to Stipe than those guys.

He looked better than Overeem who couldn't last one round, he looked better than JDS who couldn't last one round and he looked better than Werdum who couldn't last one round. He also inflicted more damage to Stipe than those guys.
This is the crap that I'm talking about in the original post! Do you WORK for the UFC? What kind of :eek::eek::eek:gggot bullshit is that? This is like a "Homer Simpson could last 5 rounds" post....

Your avatar is cool as all get out... don't ruin it by going PC on me.
Huh.

Im saying a lion goes for the kill, the deayh blow, etc.

Stipe dominated, as I predictrd, but comparing him to a wild predator during a hunt is not a good one.

He hit him once in the first round. This was the first fight I've seen in 10 years where a fighter went a round without landing one punch. Round 4 was 84-0 for Stipe on fight metric.
He got fucking wrecked and it's just a testimonial to how good Stipe is and how fucking underrated he is.

This is the crap that I'm talking about in the original post! Do you WORK for the UFC? What kind of :eek::eek::eek:gggot bullshit is that? This is like a "Homer Simpson could last 5 rounds" post....
Dude chill. The post you quoted was actually right

He hit him once in the first round. This was the first fight I've seen in 10 years where a fighter went a round without landing one punch. Round 4 was 84-0 for Stipe on fight metric.
He got fucking wrecked and it's just a testimonial to how good Stipe is and how fucking underrated he is.

Why couldn't Stipe finish him but Stipe could finish Overeem, Werdum, JDS all inside 1 round. Just answer that question.

Huh.

Im saying a lion goes for the kill, the deayh blow, etc.

Stipe dominated, as I predictrd, but comparing him to a wild predator during a hunt is not a good one.
Not that HE is a wild animal... you have obviously never heard of "Mutual of Omaha's Wild Kingdom". I'm old as hell so that is probably why. They used to show these "events" in the wild and had to edit the hell out of the "lions killing larger animals" shows because it took so long. The first thing was to hold the animal in place and tire him out. When he finally had his "adrenaline dump", the lion would start picking at his neck, then his face, then his guts. It was pretty gruesome but maybe that is why my generation isn't as soft as this current one. Forcing 5 year olds to watch Bambi get mauled to death in real time will "toughen" you up a little. If you know the show, there is no "death blow". It's like killing a guy by making grass grow through his brain. It takes a little while.

Who's the second best HW in MMA currently? Is it Overeem? Is it Werdum? JDS?

Back