Stipe Miocic vs Vitaly Minakov - The UFC needs to sign the PROVEN talent.

PEDS Help me Post

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
UFC needs to sign up Vitaly Minakov. The time is now. Sporting a perfect 21-0 record and only 32 years old he is the only top 10 HW not residing in the UFC.

Unlike these new UFC hype jobs like Ngannou and Volkan, Vitaly Minakov can actually fucking grapple and strike. Four-time World Sambo champion, Junior National Judo champion, former Bellator champion.

http://www.sherdog.com/fighter/Vitaly-Minakov-63046

images

300manakov_ko1.gif
method=get&s=vitaly-minakov-rock-bottom-gof.gif

1.gif
7vBj9.gif

Stipe Miocic vs Vitaly Minakov would be an amazing fight.

St. Petersburg, Russia. 2018.

Co-Main event to Khabib vs Conor.

Book it.

It isn’t a bad idea. The only good matchups for Stipe in the ufc is Cain and werdum

Been asking for this match up for at least a year, it would be the biggest heavyweight fight possible.

Hell yes. 1000% agreed. I been saying on here for many years that Minakov is the best HW in MMA, he is skilled everywhere. Good striking and very slick on the ground. I would love to see him fight Stipe.

Can't understand all this hype around Minakov here. Like, from what I've seen among Russian mma fans people are thinking that if Minakov goes 1-3 in his UFC run (without facing any top 15 guys probably) he will be lucky and overachiever. Like, there is only 3 legit opponents on his resume - Kongo (years ago, by decision and I think he kicked Kongo multiple times in the groin, I think some fans jokingly invented some funny nickname for Minakov after that fight, like "Balls Smasher"), Volkov (years ago, seems like majority of the fans in Russia now doubts that their rematch will ends with Minakov as a winner) and Johnson. And about striking I think even Minakov said like before one of his last fights, that his striking is bad but he thinks that it's not so but for the guy who 2-3 years ago didn't know what a jab is.

Hell yes. 1000% agreed. I been saying on here for many years that Minakov is the best HW in MMA, he is skilled everywhere. Good striking and very slick on the ground. I would love to see him fight Stipe.

Yeah, I've been saying the same thing. Obviously I can't prove it because he hasn't fought the top dogs. Will be a shame if an elite fighter like him never ends up facing the top guys.

Can't understand all this hype around Minakov here. Like, from what I've seen among Russian mma fans people are thinking that if Minakov goes 1-3 in his UFC run (without facing any top 15 guys probably) he will be lucky and overachiever. Like, there is only 3 legit opponents on his resume - Kongo (years ago, by decision and I think he kicked Kongo multiple times in the groin, I think some fans jokingly invented some funny nickname for Minakov after that fight, like "Balls Smasher"), Volkov (years ago, seems like majority of the fans in Russia now doubts that their rematch will ends with Minakov as a winner) and Johnson. And about striking I think even Minakov said like before one of his last fights, that his striking is bad but he thinks that it's not so but for the guy who 2-3 years ago didn't know what a jab is.

Did you just see all the hype for Ngannou?

If a guy that bad deserves that much hype then people should be going fucking crazy over Minakov. His technical striking is better than Ngannou's, he has a world class grappling game, and most importantly he has flow between the two skillsets. He's what a world class talent should look like. Not a big musclebound amateur throwing haymakers and gassing out in 5 minutes.

And he deserves a fucking medal for smashing Kongo's nuts in.

Alex Volkov is 3-0 in the UFC and Minakov knocked him out in the first round. He also dominated Kongo and Bigfoot Silva as well as every other man he's faced. Have you even seen him fight?

Alex Volkov is 3-0 in the UFC and Minakov knocked him out in the first round. He also dominated Kongo and Bigfoot Silva as well as every other man he's faced. Have you even seen him fight?
It was a TKO, not KO (Miocic lost to Struve, McGregor to Duffy and Struve and Duffy are kinda far away from the title shots). Well, judges scored it 48-46 is it what you call domination? I watched this fight and Minakov won it but fight was not very good. I haven't seen his pre-Bellator fights I think, but I think I've seen all fights of Minakov in Bellator (and after he returned to Russia), I missed only his fight with Linderman and I think with Maciejewski. I think Makhov who haven't even make his mma debut has a better chance to become a UFC contender than Minakov. I will be impressed if Vitaly makes it to top 10 in UFC but I think his only chance if half of top 15 retires or left the UFC. Like, if Abdurakhimov, Duffee, Walt Harris will be ranked top 10 UFC HW than Vitaly will have a chance to become top 10 UFC HW too.

Back