Ngannou cardio on-par with bar brawlers

209 Life

FACE THE PAIN!!!
Banned
Reaction score
Muscles don't mean sh!t if you can only use them 4 minutes out of 25. Last 20 seconds of round 5 stipe just laid on ngannou on fence and Ngannou looked like a statue.

i thought the ufc training institute was supposed to fix that?

It's the UFCs fault for pressuring him with the "so big he has to cut weight" narrative. Maybe now he can go back down to 250 and have a little better gas tank.

Muscles don't mean sh!t if you can only use them 4 minutes out of 25. Last 20 seconds of round 5 stipe just laid on ngannou on fence and Ngannou looked like a statue.
To be fair, Stipe "looked like a statue" as well. I lost track of how many times Herb could have and should have restarted the "action."

Ngannou doesn't have a good gas tank obviously. He made the mistake of aggressively headhunting in the first round. He rushed it and expended way too much energy. It tired him enough that Stipe could start getting takedowns (when they were both fresh it seemed he couldn't get them easily at all). Then he had but a fraction of his speed striking whenever they were standing due to all the effort to get up.

He should have been more patient and waited for Stipe. He seemed to want to lead early in the fight and up til now he seemed to have most of his success waiting for the right counter to present itself. With as hittable as Stipe can be I think it would have made more sense to just wait on the outside to the point of boos trying to goad Stipe into getting too aggressive himself. He should have done this when he was fresh instead of using all of his energy at the start of the fight chasing Stipe and trying to force a bomb to land when the opening wasn't there.

NGannou need to learn how to pace himself first and foremost

He has the same issues that Ubereem had before becoming Econoreem

Same as Rumble Johnson too

Ngannou shouldn’t even try to fight again until he loses 20 pounds. He needs to lean out significantly.

Back