early stoppage for Burgo?

7.62x39

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Looked like Burgo actually got up, but ref stopped it. Should have let Burgo get up and see what happens

Imo yeah, but if he would've gotten up and dropped again and finished, people would be bitching at the ref for letting him take too much damage.

Looked like Burgo actually got up, but ref stopped it. Should have let Burgo get up and see what happens
you'll probably get people saying it was fine but i agree with you. this is mma, not boxing. you have to let them fight. he could have clinched and survived.

It's a fine stoppage. Having said that? They should have let it go on.

TBH, I think it could've been called when he went down.

Was brutal but I dunno how Mirg stops that when he's getting back up

Stoppage was fine. He couldn't even stand correctly after the fight was stopped.

Just because he got up and flailed around doesn't mean he was defending himself.

Yeah, it was a weird stoppage, but I think he was done really. It just looks super weird stopping it as he's getting back up, but one more crisp hit and he's completely out.

Weird in that I'm fine with it but also would have been alright with letting it go on. Burgos looked like he got stunned bad by at least a few of those but was obviously trying to continue.

Look unfortunate because the guy was getting up right when Dan stepped in.
Also, I think Dan was to close he blocked a punch with his leg.

I actually thought he took too long to stop it. Bourgos was fucking done. He got blasted 3 shots in a row. As soon as it went to the canvas, I thought the ref could have jumped in.
That being said, awesome fight, both guys a tough as hell.

It was a late stoppage. Burgos was already retarded gIven his tattoos and haircut.

It didn't like it, but it wasn't horrible.

Dan Mirg just be awkward as fuck, trust him to wait for the guy to stand up then stop it.

W7poLo.gif

No. He ate three solid right hands then back got knocked straight on his ass, head bouncing off the canvas and everything, then he continued to eat like 8 solid shots on the ground un answered, so around 12 or so unanswered shots total, all to the head. It all just happened so damn fast that maybe it didn't seem like much to you guys.

Big Dan's leg actually prevented Kattar from landed more GNP before he even stopped it. Look at big john's legs as Kattar is trying to GNP, they're right in his damn way.

Good stoppage.

Last edited:
I was slightly rustled during the live fight, it looked like a bad stoppage. On the replay it was more clear that Burgos was done and wouldn't be able to stop further punishment. Good stop.

It was early. Seriously tired of these early stoppages. Edgar was hurt worse than that against Maynard and went on to win. Let them recover, Let them fight.

Back