Why did the ref stand that up?

RudimarChute

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
Homasi can’t catch a break. Bad stoppage in the first fight and KO’d within a minute of a controversial stand-up in the 2nd fight.
<6>

Yeah he kinda got robbed of a fair fight 2 times against the same guy. It's not to say that he would have won, but he at least would have the opportunity. It's been taken from him twice in a row. Can't imagine how shitty that must feel.

Stand ups are weird. Usually I'm 50/50 and I wish I could say I'm impartial but it really comes down to who I want to win

The earlier in the fight, especially the first round, the less I am in favor of stand ups and breaks. A lot of times you could be purposely trying to make the other guy gas out. That stand up reminded me of the ngannu-overeem break when they were clinched in the first round.

get rid of time limits, let them lay there in stalemate positions till someone falls asleep.

Good point. They should do standups in the third round (when the scorecards are close) more leniently.

That was a raw deal.

He was getting the worst of it but the man could have turned it if he was allowed to work for the mount.

Back