Name a person with a better résumé at lightweight than Tony Ferguson.

Raksas

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
You won't find anyone and does that mean he is the goat at lightweight? Belts don't mean anything anymore so if we can all agree on that I think it's safe to say he is the greatest lightweight of all time.

He and Khabib are close right now.

The two very best in the division.

Don't you think he needs to beat the undefeated lightweight and champ?
Once the dust settles between these three you'll have your answer.

last time I checked the "champ" who is 1-0 at lightweight is too busy fighting bums at irish bars and humping referees to defend his title.

He is the champ. Toss up between him and the Eagle though.

You won't find anyone and does that mean he is the goat at lightweight? Belts don't mean anything anymore so if we can all agree on that I think it's safe to say he is the greatest lightweight of all time.

The Greatest Lightweight of all time will not have a unanimous decision loss to Michael Johnson

The Greatest Lightweight of all time will not have a unanimous decision loss to Michael Johnson
Everyone loses in MMA, this isn't boxing.

The winner of Tony/Khabib has a claim to being the LW GOAT, no one has ever gone on a win streak with several top 10 wins like they have.

last time I checked the "champ" who is 1-0 at lightweight is too busy fighting bums at irish bars and humping referees to defend his title.
It's still a valid challenge for Tony.
Whilst I agree him and Khabib are ahead, a win over McGregor would still solidify their positions as goat lightweights.

Even if he didn't have a broken arm in that fight, he still would have the best resume at lightweight. Let that sink in. Now go sit in a corner and eat your cereal

It's still a valid challenge for Tony.
Whilst I agree him and Khabib are ahead, a win over McGregor would still solidify their positions as goat lightweights.

The thing is that even if conor beats the winner of this fight, conor still won't be ahead of either of them when it comes to that discussion

giphy.gif

I'm in the group that thinks the winner of Khabib vs Ferg is the best lightweight of all time.

He absolutely has one of the best resumes at LW ever, but for some reason in my mind I still see him as some overachieving TUF scrub. I don't know why I can't shake that lol.

He absolutely has one of the best resumes at LW ever, but for some reason in my mind I still see him as some overachieving TUF scrub. I don't know why I can't shake that lol.

Maybe he is overachieving. That makes him even more savage and awesome in my opinion.

The thing is that even if conor beats the winner of this fight, conor still won't be ahead of either of them when it comes to that discussion
I agree, I'm simply saying he poses a valid challenge to both that shouldn't just be ignored.
Unfortunately I don't know if McG ever fights either of them.

Even if he didn't have a broken arm in that fight, he still would have the best resume at lightweight. Let that sink in. Now go sit in a corner and eat your cereal

Hey I like Toney a lot,,, but he has not earned a seat at the table.

Nobody active in the division is yet....

They all need to hold the belt for at least a few fights for all time great status...

Tony, Khabib, even Connor could be up there someday

Love watching all of them fight

Beat #4 Welterweight. Connie, Khabib, Ferg duck them. Go to the bath house or eat cake just to avoid them.

sEuiVC.gif

DE0VzpjXoAAWbNg.jpg

Fuels my cigar, baby!

Last edited:
Back