If Ngannou wins the UFC HW belt tonite, who doesn’t see him breaking the defense record?

Combat Wombatt

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
The UFC HW division is extremely shallow right now. It has a bunch of old, past their prime fighters like Hunt, Arlovski, Overeem, Mir, and others in it. Two fighters whose status is debatable are JDS and Cain. Factors for Cain is if Cain can stay healthy and but with 2 knee surgeries isn’t as agile, quick, or strong as he once was. Cain’s beatings of JDS took years off of JDS’s life and JDS isn’t the fighter he once was.

The only real prospect so far has been Ngannou.

No one has defended the UFC HW belt more than twice.

If Ngannou defeats Stipe tonite and wins the belt, which I think he will by KO/TKO before the end of the second round, there is no one to really stop him from having the longest UFC HW title reign of all time. Doesn’t mean he’s the best HW of all time but just that the division is currently that shallow and Ngannou is a beast. At HW anyone can knock out anyone else and Ngannou has supreme one punch KO power in both hands, not something all HWs have. Ngannou is also fairly young and in great shape. No knee surgeries or major injuries so he’s young, healthy, and a monster.

Anyone disagree with me?

Like I said, this is HW and anyone can knock out anyone but Ngannou has a better chance at knocking someone out with 1 punch than most HWs currently in the division.

Whoever wins, after Cain, they are going to have to beg the LHW champ to come up or try to get a fight with a boxer.

I disagree because I don't see Ngan winning tonight. I think Stipe is too seasoned while Ngan is a raw talent. I think perhaps one day, yes there will be a Ngan title reign, will he break records? Who the fuck knows. It's heavyweight.

Two defenses is the record?

Didn’t fighters like Sylvia and Arlovski have multiple defenses?

When you're a HW you climb the ranks fast so the next big thing at HW could only be 2 years away. But if he has no problems with Stipe he will be really hard to dethrone.

He will win. Ngannou will be champion tonight. Mark my words.

Russow is gonna stop him.
6dtons.jpg
28iumw4.jpg

I dunno, I think Rumble, Cain, and even Brock would all be a test for him. Any of 'em could stop Francis from breaking the defense record depending on when the fight happened.

Rumble could realistically catch Francis and knock him the fuck out. Brock would have a good chance of wrestlefucking him and pounding him into the canvas for five rounds, but he's getting old and how well he does off the steroids remains to be seen. And if Cain were at least as healthy as he was in his last fight, it's possible he could work some magic and defeat Ngannou.

Otherwise yeah, he fucks everyone else in the division. Werdum and Hunt get crushed. The Black Beast likely gets crushed. Newer fighters on the rise like Curtis Blaydes and Justin Ledet currently would stand probably no real chance.

Don't start overlooking the likes of Werdum JDS and Cain. Any of these fighters could beat Stipe and Ngannou on any given day.

The best thing for the HW division and to shut down hype-train engines is for Stipe to win today.

Ngannou is just coming into the UFC at the perfect time to hold and defend the HW title.

A beast vs. a division of past their prime fighters.

The HW division is so weak. So I wouldn’t be surprised. Most guys are on their way out

Back