Your predictions for Ngannou vs. Stipe and DC vs. Oezdemir?

Combat Wombatt

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
Some good main events for UFC 220 but rest of the fights don’t seem high profile.

For Ngannou vs. Stipe I think a lot of people are expecting for Stipe to mix up striking and wrestling to wear Francis down and eventually TKO or decision him. Stipe could use his better technical striking to cut Ngannou up. I think his plan is the former.

However, Stipe is hittable as we saw with Overeem and I say before the end of the 2nd round Ngannou puts Stipe to sleep. Doesn’t mean Ngannou’s the better technical striker but being the better technical striker doesn’t always matter. Ngannou has killer power in each hand and will touch Stipe’s chin. I don’t think Stipe has a granite chin either.

Expect Ngannou to win the belt and then do something no other HW has, defend the belt more than 2 times. Not saying Ngannou is the best HW ever but the UFC’s HW division is so shallow right now with a bunch of past it’s prime fighters like Overeem, Hunt, Mir, Arlovski, and other’s.

When it comes to DC vs. Oezdemir I think DC will do his usual strike with wrestling and either TKO Oezdemir or win the UD.

What are your predictions for Ngannou vs. Stipe and DC vs. Oezdemir?

Ngannou by anti climatic submission. Gonna be quick N easy

My prediction is that I will have an erection harder than Chinese algebra.

Both fights will end in the first round. Ngannou and Miocic is a Pick'em. I have DC getting KO in round 1.

Tonight is the night of the underdogs.
Stipe and Volkan with the 1st round KO.

Stipe will find Ngannou's chin first and will proceed to get wobbeled, but will get the finish in the 1st in a wild firefight.

DC gets slept by Volkan early in the first. Basically because he's got no time.

I'm thinking even if Ngannou or Oz losses, they still have champion potentials and will be back. If DC losses he's done because he's almost 40 and Jones will be back soon. Meanwhile, if Stipe losses and if he get's the Ngannou ko'ed from hell, he's not getting an immediate rematch. He will have to fight and win at least three more to get back. Comes in Cain--Stipe vs Cain might be next, with Werdum getting the next shot at Ngannou (cause Cain's not ready yet).

Basically, the champs in these fights have a lot more to loss than the challengers.

Ngannou by easy ko in round 1. Oezdemi by easy ko in round 1.

DC via rear naked choke after ozdemir wears out.

Stipe via tko after ngongo wears out.

Its the night of failed gas tank lol
m5QNWe0.gif

It's almost 2 identical matchups with what I think will be 2 identical outcomes. The more well-rounded champions will both wear the challengers out and stop them, DC with a sub and Stipe with ground and pound. I expect both fights to be over within 3 rounds.

It's almost 2 identical matchups with what I think will be 2 identical outcomes. The more well-rounded champions will both wear the challengers out and stop them, DC with a sub and Stipe with ground and pound. I expect both fights to be over within 3 rounds.

This... expect stipe to win this way, but i think DC will be put to sleep, his chin is very cracked now.

I can't comment on the co main since I never actually paid attention to who Ozedemier is.

Stipe vs Ngannou, if Stipe decides to try and stand, it's not going to make it out of the first, and the KO could go to either or tbh.
If Stipe decides to wrestle, I have no idea. It'll go to whoever doesn't gas first.

Some good main events for UFC 220 but rest of the fights don’t seem high profile.

For Ngannou vs. Stipe I think a lot of people are expecting for Stipe to mix up striking and wrestling to wear Francis down and eventually TKO or decision him. Stipe could use his better technical striking to cut Ngannou up. I think his plan is the former.

However, Stipe is hittable as we saw with Overeem and I say before the end of the 2nd round Ngannou puts Stipe to sleep. Doesn’t mean Ngannou’s the better technical striker but being the better technical striker doesn’t always matter. Ngannou has killer power in each hand and will touch Stipe’s chin. I don’t think Stipe has a granite chin either.

Expect Ngannou to win the belt and then do something no other HW has, defend the belt more than 2 times. Not saying Ngannou is the best HW ever but the UFC’s HW division is so shallow right now with a bunch of past it’s prime fighters like Overeem, Hunt, Mir, Arlovski, and other’s.

When it comes to DC vs. Oezdemir I think DC will do his usual strike with wrestling and either TKO Oezdemir or win the UD.

What are your predictions for Ngannou vs. Stipe and DC vs. Oezdemir?
I think the champs both retain. Stipe is going to win similar to how Cain beat Brock. DC will get it grind Volkan out and win a decision.

I think the champs both retain. Stipe is going to win similar to how Cain beat Brock. DC will get it grind Volkan out and win a decision.

Lesnar was a horrible striker while Ngannou isn’t polished but has amazing power in both hands. Gonna sleep Stipe.

We’ll see but I think Ngannou sleeps Stipe within the 2nd round.

Back