Which division, has the highest K.O rate?

• Thread starter Deleted member 535377
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 535377

I imagine it's the HW isn't it? But I'm not sure, I think LHW might have more finishes. The thing with the heavies, is that once they gas, they just fish flop around until the final bell.. So the danger is gone.

Size matters when a guy's arm is bigger than Mighty Mouse's body.

I think it changed now, but when we did a finish rate comparison in 2017, looking at 6 months, flyweight was higher than heavyweight.

Think it was just luck though. Was at the same Moraga KO'd Bibulatov, Cejudo TKO'd Reis, and Ortiz KO'd Sandoval in 14 seconds.

giphy.gif

im not suprised about overweights having the highest finish rate. Easier to land clean when your opponents dont move plus more power

I think it changed now, but when we did a finish rate comparison in 2017, looking at 6 months, flyweight was higher than heavyweight.

Think it was just luck though. Was at the same Moraga KO'd Bibulatov, Cejudo TKO'd Reis, and Ortiz KO'd Sandoval in 14 seconds.

giphy.gif
There you go.

That's why it's apples and oranges to compare the lighter divisions to the heavier. People calling MM the greatest ever are like calling the best player in a separate pro basketball league for guys under 5'5" the greatest ever.

That's why it's apples and oranges to compare the lighter divisions to the heavier. People calling MM the greatest ever are like calling the best player in a separate pro basketball league for guys under 5'5" the greatest ever.
You brought me back fond memories of the 8 foot goal as a kid. Maybe MM needs a smaller octagon?

giphy.gif

But the question was KO rate not finish rate. There are multiple ways to finish a fight that would make that data somewhat useless in this discussion.

The answer remains HW at 50.3%.

http://www.fightmatrix.com/ufc-records/ufc-fight-outcomes-by-weight-class/

Back