Stipe on the verge of making h

hot carl

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
If Stipe wins tonight, I believe, though I may be wrong, he could set the ufc hw title with his third defense.

I expect he will beat Francis with ease, but nevertheless.

I pose this question to my shersiblings—does the fact that there have only ever been 2 hw title defense reflect poorly on the champ? Poorly on the competition generally at hw?

Or does it reflect positively on the competition at hw?

Can people not defend becaus of weak champs or champs lose because of strong contenders?

Its hard to defend the belt at HW several times in a row because the risk of being KOd is simply too high.

Reflects on how hard HWs hit in 4oz gloves. Sometimes it's just whoever lands first.

HW sucks ass

Every division has evolved but HW.

Perfect example?

Mark hunt 10 years ago in his prime wasn't even a top 10 HW....he's the exact same fighter now if not worse and he's a top 10 HW today.

That's how shit HW is...

When two men who weigh 250 lbs start chucking strikes at each other, it can easily end with just one strike.

This is why Mighty Mouse title defenses will never mean as much as the big guys.

oddly enough Tim Sylvia is prob the most prolific UFC HW champ. does he still post here under a pseudonym?

HW sucks ass

Perfect example?

Mark hunt 10 years ago in his prime wasn't even a top 10 HW....he's the exact same fighter now if not worse and he's a top 10 HW today.

That's how shit HW is...
Except that Hunto has evolved quite a bit as a MMA fighter.

But you are right, HW as a whole has not evolved the way other weight classes have.

If Stipe wins tonight, I believe, though I may be wrong, he could set the ufc hw title with his third defense.

I pose this question to my shersiblings—does the fact that there have only ever been 2 hw title defense reflect poorly on the champ? Poorly on the competition generally at hw?

Can people not defend becaus of weak champs or champs lose because of strong contenders?

Small gloves, big power dudes, too many ways to lose given the sport of mma compared to say boxing.

This isn't 125 where the guys can hit each other for 25 minutes without looking worse for wear...

Many heavyweight fights were decided with but a simple punch...Even from lesser men.

In short, the last division I would want to be in if I had a choice...Would be heavyweight.

oddly enough Tim Sylvia is prob the most prolific UFC HW champ. does he still post here under a pseudonym?

Tim doesn’t get enough love.

And to the pride nutthuggers, you kind of have a point about fedor. He was on another level.

I expected crocop to reign in ufc. We all know how that turned out.

I think stipe might be next step in hw evolution. Good footwork. Well rounded. But, getting hit by a guy the size of a hw can and does change things.

Except that Hunto has evolved quite a bit as a MMA fighter.

But you are right, HW as a whole has not evolved the way other weight classes have.

Arlovski was supposed to retire like a decade ago.

He's still in the top 10.

Shows how impressive Fedors run was.
Not really, if the ufc hw champ could have fights in between like hmc and Zulu, small guys like Lindland etc they would have defended more than 2 times.

Tim doesn’t get enough love.

And to the pride nutthuggers, you kind of have a point about fedor. He was on another level.

I expected crocop to reign in ufc. We all know how that turned out.

I think stipe might be next step in hw evolution. Good footwork. Well rounded. But, getting hit by a guy the size of a hw can and does change things.

I'd pick a roided prime Timmeh against both main eventers tonight.

Perfect style for him to jab en route to a TKO.

HW sucks ass

Perfect example?

That's how shit HW is...

Mark Hunt is a way better fighter now than 10 years ago.

Back then he wasn't even in the top 10, now he is.

I'd pick a roided prime Timmeh against both main eventers tonight.

Perfect style for him to jab en route to a TKO.

Meh, Timmy wasn't very mobile and got away with it because unlike Jon Jones...He knew how to use his reach advantage. Both Francis and Stipe have what it takes to beat a prime Sylvia...Especially Stipe. His movement, and all around style is quite well suited against a plodder like big Tim.

Ngannou could just plainly waste him as well.

Also, two fights I would have loved to see if both men were in their primes would be...

Prime Timmeh vs. Cain
Prime Timmeh vs. Werdum

Yes I may sort of dislike Tim, but for some reason I see these two fights being highlights.

It's a mixed bag but HW has been a clusterfuck for years for numerous reasons.

Barnett popped PEDs and left for Japan
Mir got into an accident
Lesnar got sick
Cain got hurt multiple times

Mir got into an accident
Lesnar got sick

UFC heavyweight seems sort of cursed doesn't it? They spent a while with Timmeh making fans uninterested in it, then you had Randy with Brock...And then at around the same time you had CC come over and be a gun-shy/injury infested poor investment who was Gonzaga'd. After this you have some respite with Cain and JDS...Those were possibly the best years for UFC heavyweight. Cain murdered JDS twice while murdering himself in training...The list goes fucking on...

Mir got into an accident
Lesnar got sick

That’s a good point.

There have been several “interruptions” in the lineal history

I say bring back the polar bear varlens.

Back