Can DC hang with Volkan on the feet?

TerraRayzing

Little eagle soars again
@Brown
Reaction score
I've read people saying that if DC can't take this to the ground, he loses but.... do you think it will be a massive surprise if DC outstrikes Volkan on the feet? Take Gus for example, I do think Gus is a better striker than Volkan, with better angles, footwork and combinations and DC outstruck him in their match, it was close but DC was the one pressing, landing shots even though Gus is a rangy striker, like Jones and we've seen DC struggle with that. Volkan is... not really great at range, he can generate power in the clinch but he's not Jones or Gus on the outside and Cormier is a really good boxer himself. I won't be surprised if DC gets the better of it on the feet. The only thing I'm worried about is that apart from a Jones headkick, DC got rocked by a knee from Gus in the clinch, that's one worry but I haven't seen Volkan throw knees in the clinch.
Do you think DC can outstrike Volkan on the feet? With the threat of a TD, I say there is a good chance.

If OSP could, I don't see why DC can't.

I think DC will spend no time on the feet.

Doubtful. DC's boxing and striking is pretty terrible unless it is in the clinch.

well sometimes a striker will lose an edge standing vs a wrestler only because of the fear of the TD. I dont know how Volkan will react facing a wrestler like DC.

But Volkan keeping his hands too low to defend the double and being clipped standing by DC could very well happen.

I say yes. He's shown to be able to hold his own with great strikers once he closes distance.

This,

but also this.

He can, but why would he? You don't have to make things more difficult than they already are.

He said that too.... I'd love to see him just slam him down and get a sub, dude is coming back way too early after a knockout.

Can DC feet with Volkan on the hang?

That is the real question.

This fight is all about DC, he's never been more fragile that ko, his age, his interviews all don't sound confident, and if he fights like that it's ko Volkan win.

IF we see DC who ate rumble shots then volkan has nothing to stop him.

He said that too.... I'd love to see him just slam him down and get a sub, dude is coming back way too early after a knockout.

I'm with you, mate! I hope that knockout loss doesn't affect him much and he can get the job done.

TD's and soften him up like he did AJ.

RNC by round 2 or 3 at the latest..

Volkan has the Dim Mak on his side. DC better wrestle from the get go

Volkan has a dangerous left hook,but its not like a igor vov/roman zentsov guaranteed one hit and quit punch.

Back