Other than the main and co main, I've seen better lineups on fight pass cards.

ClosetVitorFan

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
Other than the two main title fights. Iv'e seen much better cards. I'm a fairly decent mma fan and not many names on this card are familiar with me other than Tibau. But who knows? Maybe these relative unknowns are going to put on some great fights. I don' like these top heavy cards. It reminds me too much of boxing. But UFC is putting on a crazy amount of events so far. I mean past one was main event with cyborg and Holm. Give me a break. I feel like they don't want to stop the whole 1 ppv a month business. Even if it sells poorly they still make money on it.

Perhaps, but the main is fucking amazeballs! And the co-main is solid.

Would you rather have one top heavy card per month or two stacked cards per year?

someone is getting knocked out tonight.

If nobody is than conor will be striped.

Almeida vs Font is alright.

But yeah, agreed.

I agree that the fights outside of the co-main and main are underwhelming but this whole card is being sold off of the main event with a little support from Cormier/No time.

Main fights this strong get a bit of a pass.. But UFC best not forget that stacked cards are the soul of mma, and the way people stay interested from card to card.

Would you rather have one top heavy card per month or two stacked cards per year?
I'd rather they do 6 semi loaded ppvs a year than 13 or 14 watered down numbered events a year. I think they average a little more than 12 ppvs a year. You can only imagine the watering down of cards. Especially when they allow people like Rory and Moose to walk. They allow Conor not to fight in an octagon. Etc. Say what you want about the Fertitas. They ran a tight ship when it came to the UFC.

Don't worry about the names. I've seen GREAT cards....on paper....and they SUCKED in real life and I've seen cards that looked absolutely terrible and every fight delivered.

When you look for big names and whine when you don't get them you come off as a casual. Now, go easy...I'm not calling you a casual. I'm sure you are a good Sherdogger and got your huge bag of Cheetos ready and your Velveta taco dip all ready and prepped up the basement at mom's with a nice beanbag chair for you to enjoy this weak card.

UFC 220 is terrible outside of the main/comain....there are 2 fights on main card, where all 4 fighters are coming off losses...

And next week is a UFC FOX card, which used to be STACKED...FOX cards always delivered....Now we have Jacare/Brunson, and NOTHING else on the main card....

It's obvious that they believe HW and LHW title fights on the same card will sell and people (especially casuals) won't care too much what comes before them.

I pay for the title fights and see if the young kids can show me something. Hyped for the card

They are taking the boxing approach or maybe we just got spoiled with a couple stacked cards and now we expect every PPV to be stacked with "elite" fighters that the UFC is lacking

UFC 220 is terrible outside of the main/comain....there are 2 fights on main card, where all 4 fighters are coming off losses...

And next week is a UFC FOX card, which used to be STACKED...FOX cards always delivered....Now we have Jacare/Brunson, and NOTHING else on the main card....

Solid thread title aint gonna lie

If you include the Bellator fights, it’s actually pretty decent.

It’s been like this for years. Stop buying the shitty cards

Don't worry about the names. I've seen GREAT cards....on paper....and they SUCKED in real life and I've seen cards that looked absolutely terrible and every fight delivered.

When you look for big names and whine when you don't get them you come off as a casual. Now, go easy...I'm not calling you a casual. I'm sure you are a good Sherdogger and got your huge bag of Cheetos ready and your Velveta taco dip all ready and prepped up the basement at mom's with a nice beanbag chair for you to enjoy this weak card.
I wish. My mom died from cancer 2 years ago.

Don't watch / buy.

Back