Would it be illegal to do this move in UFC?

OrigFan255

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
I will use this photo from Wandy/Rampage 1:

Wandy.png

Rampage always loved the slams BUT, what if a fighter caught in a move as such just decided to throw all his weight backwards?

Wandy would of had 2 choices. Let go or have his face slammed into the ground.

Same with a triangle choke. If someone has the strength like rampage did, how would it work out?
When he picked Arona up, he could have just kept his momentum going backwards.

I have been watching the sport since 93 but have yet to see it attempted.
Maybe because it is an illegal move that got written in.

People who train, how would this play out?

It's not illegal to throw yourself on the back and give your opponent the mount. But I think it is stupid.

You can't actually generate that much force falling backwards.

Plus your back would hit the floor before the other guys head. Also the guy on top can release his legs to brace the fall.

Also mounted guillotines are way tighter and hard to get out of

He's got hold of your neck, necks are precious.

The rule against spiking has an exception for if you're being held in a sub. Completely legal.

Been watching since 93 and you still don't k ow how anything works.

I had someone try to tell me this was a good guillotine counter once. Long long fucking time ago.

I think he trained UFC.

I will use this photo from Wandy/Rampage 1:

View attachment 327873

Rampage always loved the slams BUT, what if a fighter caught in a move as such just decided to throw all his weight backwards?

Wandy would of had 2 choices. Let go or have his face slammed into the ground.

Same with a triangle choke. If someone has the strength like rampage did, how would it work out?
When he picked Arona up, he could have just kept his momentum going backwards.

I have been watching the sport since 93 but have yet to see it attempted.
Maybe because it is an illegal move that got written in.

People who train, how would this play out?
Not illegal, but stupid. If you didn't KO them on impact, you'd have given them top position. You are also at risk of ko'ing yourself accidentally, more so than falling forward, as you can't see the ground coming as you're fallimg backwards.

Now if you could somehow rotate while in mortion to end up on top, tgen have at it i guess, but if that was gping to be your play, why not just go forwards from the git go, as it would be faster and more efficient.

Side note : One thing that can be fun to see is when someine shoots a double leg amd flips the guy backwards over his shoulders instead of forwards, but again, that's really only practical in a sport like san shou, where you get a point for takedowns but there's no ground fighting.

I think that takedown has a specific name. Iranian drop, or something. Any wrestlers know the name/move I'm thinking of?

Who is that dude in the white trunks?! Beast.
Did you just quote yourself asking yourself a question? If so...
PIkprkZ.gif

in order to invoke a foul for spiking, a fighter has to be in control of his opponents body.....

If a fighter has a choice to let go or move to prevent injury, the rule wouldn't apply and no ref is going to call it in grey areas....(Cote vs Belcher)

Last edited:
Seems like a pretty low percentage escape.

Even the guy in the GIF had to do it twice and TBH he looked pretty beastly, I imagine your average journeyman tapping out in that scenario.

Back