Gleison Tibau wants a rematch with Khabib Nurmagomedov

KazDibiase

"My style is kneeing people in the face."
@Silver
Reaction score
”I think I’m the only athlete that really gave him a fight,” Tibau told MMA Fighting. “He’s not fighting, he’s just rag-dolling people. What he’s doing in his fights is really impressive. I watch the guy fight and, ‘Wow, how was I able to control this guy?’ I see I have potential to fight anyone. I fought Khabib, (Rafael) dos Anjos, who became champion. Khabib is a level above in his fights. I don’t think there’s anyone to stop him in the division.”

”I really wanted this fight, to fight Khabib again,” Tibau said. “It was a very close fight. Many people say I won, many people say he won. It was a close fight. He couldn’t take me down, I took him down twice, something that no one else came close to achieving. I really feel like getting this rematch, but my focus now is this big battle with Islam.

”I’ll have a good chance now fighting Islam, who trains with [Nurmagomedov]. They have the same style, they train together. There are a few Russians here (at American Top Team) that said Islam is more skilled on the ground, but Khabib has more pressure. Let’s see how I’ll perform after two years.”

Don’t expect to see Tibau calling “The Eagle” out if victorious at UFC 220, though.

”I thought about making some noise, but Khabib and I became friends after the fight,” Tibau said. “He’s a really nice guy. I went to Russia and we went out a few times, had good moments there, so I won’t call him out publicly because I respect him and he respects me. I won’t challenge him publicly. If the UFC matches us up again one day I’ll be happy and excited, but in a respectful way. I respect everyone that respects me.”

https://www.mmafighting.com/platfor...&utm_source=twitter&__twitter_impression=true

Minus his dick pillz, he'd get clowned worse than Harpo.

Dude's like HALF the size he was back then.

<YeahOKJen> Anytime now Tibau, anytime now. Stay by the phone and wait for the call from Uncle Dana

Dude you fought Khabib juiced off your mind, in your prime, and before he trained at AKA. I respect your balls but you are in no shape for that fight.

Good to see he's a good sport about it tho. That kind of respect is rare these days.

Tibau seems like a really nice guy. And he's right that he's the only one to give Khabib a good fight.

Shame they put him on fightpass while having Villante and Barrosso on the main card. While also stuffing PPV main cards with Esparzas and Calvillos of the world.

You think Khabib does his "pre camp" in Dagestan because of the weather and food?

The naivete of MMA fans is amazing.
He does his pre camp there to be with his family, wife, and kids. Not every fighter uses PEDs and claiming they all do is baseless.

Tibau popped. Khabib still hasn't. So there nothing saying that he isn't clean.

I don't get how people think Tibau won that fight. It was close but he didn't do much.

Khabib won that fight pretty clearly to me.

Tibau could stall due to his size and strength advantage. Post-USADA Tibau wont be the same, while Khabib has improved a lot.
Besides since that fight he got demolished by Tony and Michael Johnson

Michael+Johnson+Knockouts+Gleison+Tibau+UFC+168.gif

Couldnt get it done on horse roids, wouldnt stand a fukking chance now

”I think I’m the only athlete that really gave him a fight,” Tibau told MMA Fighting. “He’s not fighting, he’s just rag-dolling people. What he’s doing in his fights is really impressive. I watch the guy fight and, ‘Wow, how was I able to control this guy?’ I see I have potential to fight anyone. I fought Khabib, (Rafael) dos Anjos, who became champion. Khabib is a level above in his fights. I don’t think there’s anyone to stop him in the division.”

”I really wanted this fight, to fight Khabib again,” Tibau said. “It was a very close fight. Many people say I won, many people say he won. It was a close fight. He couldn’t take me down, I took him down twice, something that no one else came close to achieving. I really feel like getting this rematch, but my focus now is this big battle with Islam.

”I’ll have a good chance now fighting Islam, who trains with [Nurmagomedov]. They have the same style, they train together. There are a few Russians here (at American Top Team) that said Islam is more skilled on the ground, but Khabib has more pressure. Let’s see how I’ll perform after two years.”

Don’t expect to see Tibau calling “The Eagle” out if victorious at UFC 220, though.

”I thought about making some noise, but Khabib and I became friends after the fight,” Tibau said. “He’s a really nice guy. I went to Russia and we went out a few times, had good moments there, so I won’t call him out publicly because I respect him and he respects me. I won’t challenge him publicly. If the UFC matches us up again one day I’ll be happy and excited, but in a respectful way. I respect everyone that respects me.”

https://www.mmafighting.com/platfor...&utm_source=twitter&__twitter_impression=true

Maybe next lifetime, cause it's sure not happening in this one.

He does his pre camp there to be with his family, wife, and kids. Not every fighter uses PEDs and claiming they all do is baseless.

Tibau popped. Khabib still hasn't. So there nothing saying that he isn't clean.

You think an elite Russian athlete is clean while competing with juiced beasts like Tibau and Trujillo?

lol at people still thinking top mma fighters are clean. Yeah because naturals would be able to compete with known juicers who train just as hard, if not harder because what the juicers are on allow them to train longer, more frequent and recover better.

You think an elite Russian athlete is clean while competing with juiced beasts like Tibau and Trujillo?
I think Tibau was the perfect stylistic match up and being juiced helped even the skill gap. And as far as I'm aware Abel never popped. If the skill gap is too much then PEDs won't win the fight for you.

I have no reason to suspect Khabib of using PEDs. There is no evidence supporting the notion.

Fight with Islam <Lmaoo> I know that's his name but I'd call him by Makhchev. it's going to be hilarious if this interview gets picked up by the media out of context.

Back