Overeem wants Ngannou rematch in 2018. Dutch interview

StiG85

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
Basically, the most important thing in this interview is that regardless of titles, his main priority is a rematch with Francis, mainly because he knows he's better than him and relises he made a mistake against Francis.
He's motivated again and he's training again. He talks a bit about the Werdum win and Hunt win, and why it was a huge win for him. (because of the finish).
He also said that he felt to confortable winning again, and maybe lost his attention a bit before the Ngannou fight.

Perhaps this time Reem’s head will actually detach from his body. I wish Goldberg was there to comment on that.

Classic Alistair. Wilts in the Octagon, then his smugness snaps him back to shape afterwards.

And people say it's healthier to get KTFO 13 times quickly than to take prolonged beatings... Overeem begs to differ.

If overeem wants to take naps, just enroll in kindergarten again.

I agree it wouldn't be a good think for Overeem. :D

I'm just sharing this here.

Love me some Overeem but was he always this dumb or is it the CTE?

Y'all shitting on overeem, but he was fighting well out of character there. Chasing Ngannou with flailing hooks.

Say what you want about Reem but the man has no fear

Y'all shitting on overeem, but he was fighting well out of character there. Chasing Ngannou with flailing hooks.

He clinched Ngannou and tried to take him down but couldn't do anything before that. If he got the takedown you would all be calling him a genius for targeting Ngannou's supposed weakness.

This dude is determined to push his luck. Knocked out of his senses at least 13 times, no counting gym accidents and all the non-ko blows he ate over the years...

It will be a marvel of human anatomy if he can still spell his name in 15 years.

Reem talk to a professional. Get some help. Suicide is never the answer.

I agree he was fighting oddly, the thing is...it was evident he was very weary of Francis power. He also got out muscled and couldn't dominate the clinch or achieve a take down with it.

I don't think that'll change in a rematch, especially not now that he was stiffened. If anything, he'd be even more out of character next time around.

This is a horrible match up for him. Overeem has always had great offense and poor defense. He's been notably 'chinny' for his whole career, and his defense is often extremely worrying. Did you see his defense against the likes of Stipe and Arlovski ? He backed up to the cage and sits there trying to bob and weave with shots, he holds up his arms and peaks out to see the shots coming and tries avoid it as best he can...he just sits there getting hit. That's suicide against a guy like Francis.

Back in his Ubereem days, he'd have had a chance of clinching with Francis, delivering some vicious knees, getting a trip from the clinch...or alternatively landing some devastating kicks from the outside. But those days are long gone, he's past his prime and physically not the same as he was back then.

Back