Never thought I'd say this....but maybe Conor ruined the sport

Megatronlee

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
as a Boston native my girlfriend and I attend every UFC event that comes to our city and this event was no different. But as I came to the weigh ins/presser I noticed a major change in the post Conor/floyd atmosphere and it was downright SICKENING.

Half the live crowd was chanting "CONOR !" As the room filled up with people and I even heard people yelling "YOU TAPPED OUT" to tony.....I ask a random sittin next to me "why are they saying that?" He retorts with a smile "tony is gnna get SUBBED like a bitch by Conor if he tries to take him down"

Everyone showed up drunk. Treated tony like shit.
They were nice to khabib and Frankie and max though,

Is this the post mcgregor era or are we inline for something even more sinister when Conor returns?

Correct

But just remember public opinion is turning against him and it’s glorious

"tony is gnna get SUBBED like a bitch by Conor if he tries to take him down"

giphy.webp

Boston ? Those fuckers think they're Irish. Of course they worship connah meegregah.

If it takes one person to ruin the sport, maybe the sport wasn't that great in the first place?

Not that I think Conor "ruined the sport".

It’s not ruined it just goes in phases man.

Imagine what us old schoolers were thinking when we saw all these “noobs” in our sport after the first Ultimate Fighter season.

Douchebags casual fans come and go , don’t let it ruin your love for the sport.

They won’t give up on their fighter.

Despite that he’d rather retire than fight Khabib or Tony

There's no doubt Conor appeals to the lowest common denominator. No intelligent adult with any kind of self-respect/awareness could possibly be a fan of someone so obnoxious, so unlikeable, so devoid of any real substance or any redeemable qualities. To like Conor is to acknowledge that you're an awful human being with no ethics or morals.

^^^^^^^^^

Pure pond life!

Thankfully, there is no stigma attached towards supporting Conor for degenerates like me, so I'm free to buy as many bottles of god-awful whiskey as I please.

Last edited:
as a Boston native my girlfriend and I attend every UFC event that comes to our city and this event was no different. But as I came to the weigh ins/presser I noticed a major change in the post Conor/floyd atmosphere and it was downright SICKENING.

Half the live crowd was chanting "CONOR !" As the room filled up with people and I even heard people yelling "YOU TAPPED OUT" to tony.....I ask a random sittin next to me "why are they saying that?" He retorts with a smile "tony is gnna get SUBBED like a bitch by Conor if he tries to take him down"

Is this the post mcgregor era or are we inline for something even more sinister when Conor returns?

People love Conor, that's all.

The McGregor-era is still alive and people/fans await his apocalyptic return.

He has many fans, simple.

Will take more than some hiatus for people to give up on him.

If Franc wasn't getting pelted by bananas or anything I'd say that's a pretty good showing for Boston

Tony is gonna get subbed by Conor??

Charlie-Murphy-Laughing-Chappelles-Show-Prince.gif

Boston fans have always been shitty. This is nothing new.

Fear not.
Conor won't return.

But yeah, this is the era post Conor.

I recall on their "world tour" where it was the first time I notice a blatant disrespect to a fighter... to a champion (Aldo).
People openly cursing at him, and the fucking baldface was laughing and loving it.
Instead of demanding respect for his champion, he was loving how the drunk mob was cursing at him.

I was in shock. But then I remembered it was fucking Greedy Dana... and was sad for the sport of MMA> because they dropped all pretense. It was just the greed era.

So u met some fans of Conor, and decided they ruined u and ur gf... ok, cool story bro

Haa I can pictured that being said in the over the top Departed Boston accents.

“Tony Feghason you fuckin’ skweuh, Conah will tap you out if you try that wrestlin’ shit. You bettah not take the fight, it will be a fuckin’ cah wreck, Conah will throw you in the habah.”

Back