UFC champ Cris Cyborg: I have to go to Bellator to be real champ at 145

Dozer .

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
https://www.mmamania.com/2018/1/19/...o-to-bellator-to-be-real-champ-at-145-ufc-mma

“If you think about it, I’ve had my belt for 145 for like 1 year,” Cyborg said during a recent interview with Split Decision MMA(transcribed by BJPenn.com). “They don’t sign any girl at 145, they don’t put any girl fights (in my division) on the undercard…They don’t sign any girls 145. How you gonna grow the division if you don’t sign anybody? When Dana White says ‘ahh we don’t have girls for the division,’ it just sounds crazy to me.”

“Every week I see Bellator sign new girls at 145,” Cyborg said. “They make a division for me in Bellator. If I finish this contract, for me to be the real champ at 145 I have to go to Bellator and fight all the girls there.”

bddc88961a9e14ccd97d46cc8fd1659d

That's because there is no 145 division. Its the UFC's way to get Cyborg to fight a few times because she refuses to fight in an actual weight class.

if cyborg wants a challenge, she needs to fight a man.

They do a massive favor by making a special division where no real fighters fight at now it’s bitching about there being no real fighters to fight. Makes sense.

If they did build a legit 145 division (lol) then Guyborg would just cry about there being no 155 division

https://www.mmamania.com/2018/1/19/...o-to-bellator-to-be-real-champ-at-145-ufc-mma

“If you think about it, I’ve had my belt for 145 for like 1 year,” Cyborg said during a recent interview with Split Decision MMA(transcribed by BJPenn.com). “They don’t sign any girl at 145, they don’t put any girl fights (in my division) on the undercard…They don’t sign any girls 145. How you gonna grow the division if you don’t sign anybody? When Dana White says ‘ahh we don’t have girls for the division,’ it just sounds crazy to me.”

“Every week I see Bellator sign new girls at 145,” Cyborg said. “They make a division for me in Bellator. If I finish this contract, for me to be the real champ at 145 I have to go to Bellator and fight all the girls there.”
DanaWhiteandRondaRouseyEstherLin7-19-13_crop_north.jpg

she'd go to bellator to duck nunes
That's what it all comes down to. She wasn't complaining about lack of 145 pounders when they matched her up with Evinger for the belt. The Holly fight? That's what Cyborg asked for. Now they say a 135lb champ vs 145lb champ is the superfight to make, and Cyborg is trying to come up with every reason not to do it.

QUACK

They do a massive favor by making a special division where no real fighters fight at now it’s bitching about there being no real fighters to fight. Makes sense.

Exactly.
I've actually met Cyborg (she lives not far from me, when in America) and she is such a nice person. It's that much more surprising that her and her pyramid-scheme-leader boyfriend come up with these odd statements to the media. They constantly play the victim card, looking for more and more catering to Cyborg's unique place in MMA. She cut's a lot of weight just to make 145, and she's *ahem* "trained" her whole career to be the biggest and scariest she can be. It's only a matter of time before she can't make 145, and then starts the whole complaining process over again, about a 155 division.

I could totally see (and agree with) the UFC letting her fight out her contract against Megan, Nunes, whoever, and then just letting her go to Bellator by low-balling the next contract. Be done with the headache.

Last edited:
It's entirely possible that Cyborg sincerely cares about the sport and her division.

But more or less everything she's done in her entire career leads me to believe otherwise.

She's a good fighter, but she's had a terrible career imo.

Real champ of what? 145 is a wasteland. This is sort of like crying that you are not on the cover of Forbes as a kid because you had the highest ROI lemonade stand on your block.

Shut up Cryborg. Where were these complaints when all you wanted to do was fight Ronda?

Back