New Welterweight Prospect

pooknicca

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
So I see that Thiago Alves has a new fight lined up and it’s against none other than Curtis Millender. I first found out about this guy when he was brought into Bellator as a sacrificial lamb against MVP. Since then he has developed into a pretty damn good fighter.
He’s a tall, lanky and flashy striker that struggled with submission defense in the past. I don’t see that being much of an issue in this fight. This has potential to be fight of the night!

He should fight Erick Silva next. Two young prospects on the rise at 170. Book it Dana!

A couple LFA events back when he landed some nasty headkick. Definitely an unknown for most, though.
Okay gotcha, yea I figured that but I just didn’t understand why that characterized folks as noobs.
But anyways check out his fight with Kevin Holland if you get the opportunity, that was a straight up war and it shows how much heart Millender has.

Okay gotcha, yea I figured that but I just didn’t understand why that characterized folks as noobs.
But anyways check out his fight with Kevin Holland if you get the opportunity, that was a straight up war and it shows how much heart Millender has.
Thanks. I'm always down to watch a scrap.

Years ago.

It's just surprising it takes a LFA Main Event to get noticed.
I think people knew about him from his Bellator days but people are really just now taking notice because his LFA fights have been his most impressive performances by far.

Funny to see more and more bellator castoffs make their way to the UFC like Oezdamir fighting for the title.

Millender is pretty good but I doubt he goes far but you never know it' mma.

So I see that Thiago Alves has a new fight lined up and it’s against none other than Curtis Millender. I first found out about this guy when he was brought into Bellator as a sacrificial lamb against MVP. Since then he has developed into a pretty damn good fighter.
He’s a tall, lanky and flashy striker that struggled with submission defense in the past. I don’t see that being much of an issue in this fight. This has potential to be fight of the night!

He should change his nickname to "The Blender" like he grinds people up, etc. ... "Curtius" aint gonna cut it in the UFC.

He should change his nickname to "The Blender" like he grinds people up, etc. ... "Curtius" aint gonna cut it in the UFC.
Haha I think they called him that cause he was legit too nice to his opponents(hence his lack of finishes earlier in his career).

I think people knew about him from his Bellator days but people are really just now taking notice because his LFA fights have been his most impressive performances by far.

Well said buddy.

I think that is probably what most who don't pay attention to everything think about him for sure.

Bump

Now that the fight has taken place and you guys have a better idea of him as a fighter what do you guys think about Curtious and his performance?

Bump

Now that the fight has taken place and you guys have a better idea of him as a fighter what do you guys think about Curtious and his performance?
I don't like Alvez as a counter striker. His success was his aggression, and for him to sit back on a guy with a 6 inch reach advantage was not very smart. But hey, I sit behind a computer all day, so what teh fuck do I know.
1517452318180.jpg

Back