What’s the rule on Marijuana?

CalvilloRay

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
Why do some fighters get “busted” like Diaz and Calvillo and Blaydes?

Will USADA see Sean O’malleys Instagram and just fine/suspend him without a test? Lol idk I’ve always been confused, is it in/out of competition? In which case, pot stays in some peoples systems way longer than others? Should fighters just straight up not risk ever doing it?

They should not risk it, it's not worth it. That being said it stays in people's systems longer who have higher body fat, so most MMA fighter have it cycle out after 2-4 weeks where an average dude could take up to 8 weeks. I don't think they would take action against Sean without s positive test. There are plenty of fighters who seem like they should have tested positive 19 times when really they have tested positive once. (Like cyborg for example)

It's the absolute worst PED you can take! People who abuse their minds, bodies and souls with dope are destined for hell.

In competition is banned, so you have to test below a certain threshold when you take the piss test after the fight.

I think Dana and Joe have said that the threshold is very high, so much so that you must have smoked 24 hours before the fight to fail, but I think Kelvin Gastelum claimed that his failed test happened after he stopped for a week. So obviously like you said in the first post some guys might get screwed over cause weed stays in your system so long.

Testing for weed is bullshit all around though

As far as i know, it's forbidden only in-competition time, if a fighter is professional enough to don't use it for let's say 1 week, the week of the fight that being, he will be fine 100%

They should not risk it, it's not worth it. That being said it stays in people's systems longer who have higher body fat, so most MMA fighter have it cycle out after 2-4 weeks where an average dude could take up to 8 weeks. I don't think they would take action against Sean without s positive test. There are plenty of fighters who seem like they should have tested positive 19 times when really they have tested positive once. (Like cyborg for example)
Wtf Cyborg has to do with marijuana?

It's the absolute worst PED you can take! People who abuse their minds, bodies and souls with dope are destined for hell.
Is that why you're stuck in Northern Virginia? You poor bastard.
1512566788664.jpg

It's a threshold substance.

Look at it like a breathalyser test. You are good up to a certain limit, after that you are buggered.

For usada the limit 150 ng/ml but they build in a buffer so won't charge you till you hit 180 ng

Most excretion studies suggest that 2 to 3 days abstention should be enough to put the majority of people well under the limit

Commissions differ. Most have 150 as their limit, since have lower limits and some, like texas, just make shit up as they go

anigif_sub-buzz-9296-1494439525-4.gif

FREE THE WEED!!!

Will USADA see Sean O’malleys Instagram and just fine/suspend him without a test? Lol idk I’ve always been confused, is it in/out of competition? In which case, pot stays in some peoples systems way longer than others? Should fighters just straight up not risk ever doing it?

In Sean's case the Nate Diazrule is in effect.

https://hopecbd.com/usada-change-nate-diaz-cbd/

It's in and out of competition testing. I don't know why i assume this but I can only assume that Marijuana is not tested for out of competition. much like Cocain isn't apparently as jones served no suspension for it. Other fighters are known smokers like Kelvin gastelum.

It's a threshold substance.

Look at it like a breathalyser test. You are good up to a certain limit, after that you are buggered.

For usada the limit 150 ng/ml but they build in a buffer so won't charge you till you hit 180 ng

Most excretion studies suggest that 2 to 3 days abstention should be enough to put the majority of people well under the limit

Commissions differ. Most have 150 as their limit, since have lower limits and some, like texas, just make shit up as they go
Was aware how it worked in a broad sense but didn't know limits could vary by commission.
(Very grateful for all the insight you provide in these matters, the day you stop posting here will be a sad day indeed. Dimspace- imho goat sherdogger)

I'll fly if you buy that's the rule

Back