What I think UFC is doing with the Conor/Tony/Khabib belt-gate ...

FrankieNYC

STUFF!
Platinum Member
Reaction score
I am thinking that UFC will wait 100% to make sure the Tony/Khabib fight is on (all make weight & no injury) & then strip Conor with an announcement at weigh-in.

If they strip him now & the fight doesn't happen, they piss off Conor & don't actually get the fight anyway

That is the only thing I can think of by his weird reaction.

He basically said that Conor is not stripped but Tony & Khabib will fight for the real title. Only thing that fits both

Conor's got the entire game wrapped around his little finger.

I am thinking that UFC will wait 100% to make sure the Tony/Khabib fight is on (all make weight & no injury) & then strip Conor with an announcement at weigh-in.

If they strip him now & the fight doesn't happen, they piss off Conor & don't actually get the fight anyway

He basically said that Conor is not stripped but Tony & Khabib will fight for the real title. Only thing that fits both
He is giving Connor the opportunity to vacate. That is all

I think you're right, thanks for posting this Frankie! It makes a lot of sense.

I was disappointed that the UFC didn't strip him but I think its better to strip him right before the event. Will make the fight much bigger and will give them a lot of headlines.

I think you're right, thanks for posting this Frankie! It makes a lot of sense.

Thanks, I re-listened to him discussing it & it "almost" made sense
But it is typical Dana/Politician speak so it took a bit ;)

I was disappointed that the UFC didn't strip him but I think its better to strip him right before the event. Will make the fight much bigger and will give them a lot of headlines.

It also gives Conor a few months to beat them to it & vacate to save some face

I think they are fooling Khabib and Ferguson that this is for the “real” belt so they don’t rightfully complain about how ridiculous this is. Typical Dana move

I think he will be stripped if the fight goes ahead, but will get the option of an instant title shot if he wants to fight again.

His, its better to vacate then get stripped
No its not,atleast when you get stripped you can say that it was because of the schedule. If he vacates it will be clear that he doesn't want to face Habib or Tony, anyway I actually think he will fight again.

This is actually the most reasonable and sensible explanation I've heard
Kudos

Back