Ngannou the talker?

Superman Elbow

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
Is anyone else annoyed by ngannou's smack talk? Maybe it's just because English isn't his native tongue but his trash talk is cringe worthy and it seems forced. Like the talk to Alistar. Also to post fight conf where he wore the African outfit and his reason was some passive agressive comment directed at the person who asked the question...maybe I'm old school and I enjoy guys who are respectful and nice...or I'm reading him completely wrong. But I can't be the only one who he slightly annoys.

I think he just doesnt have a lot going between his ears, all of his gifts went to body and muscles so his brain suffered.

well, when you're new and don't speak English well, you keep it in. But now success has allowed him to speak his mind and may be it reveals he's not such a swell guy and was more likable with his mouth shut. People have this perception that if you're a poor immigrant from and shole country, coming up from hard time, you must be a 'good guy'. It fits the narrative. But you could easily be all that and a dick at the same time. He's a little too cocky for my taste even with limited English.

Yeah, I always find it profoundly annoying when fighters try to instill excitement in their upcoming fight.

They should instead be placid like frozen lake water.

That way they wouldn't get annoyed by a little smack talk...wait, what?

No I'm not. It's just gonna make it more fun to see humble Stipe knock him the fuck out.

Arrogance + hype is just the right combination for some major saltiness on these boards!

They're giving him lessons on trash talk there at the Performance Institute along with all the other free training. I miss the old humble wait-until-I-check-on-my-opponent Ngannou. Now it seems all weird passive dismissiveness and booking his dance card waaaaaay into the future. He's overlooking Stipe so hard he might not be able to see the punch coming.

well, when you're new and don't speak English well, you keep it in. But now success has allowed him to speak his mind and may be it reveals he's not such a swell guy and was more likable with his mouth shut. People have this perception that if you're a poor immigrant from and shole country, coming up from hard time, you must be a 'good guy'. It fits the narrative. But you could easily be all that and a dick at the same time. He's a little too cocky for my taste even with limited English.
I don't expect him to be a "nice guy" because he is an immigrant, I'm a trump supporter! Lol but idk I guess I'm one of the few who doesn't get hyped by the trash talk.

They're giving him lessons on trash talk there at the Performance Institute along with all the other free training. I miss the old humble wait-until-I-check-on-my-opponent Ngannou. Now it seems all weird passive dismissiveness and booking his dance card waaaaaay into the future. He's overlooking Stipe so hard he might not be able to see the punch coming.
I'm a super passive agressive dude (ask my wife lol) but his passiveness just seems excessive even in my book and it seems fake

Hes not that good at speaking english. You can tell he struggles to find the right words sometimes.

Yeah, I always find it profoundly annoying when fighters try to instill excitement in their upcoming fight.

They should instead be placid like frozen lake water.

That way they wouldn't get annoyed by a little smack talk...wait, what?
But it's fake hype, do you really buy into that Connor garbage?

You see Francis as the next Conor in terms of jabbering? Interesting.
Not the next Connor lol but it seems like he may be trying to jump on that same train of trash talk that chael started and Connor perfected. Which honestly any MMA manager would probably recommend. But to me personally it's very obvious and annoying.

Not the next Connor lol but it seems like he may be trying to jump on that same train of trash talk that chael started and Connor perfected. Which honestly any MMA manager would probably recommend. But to me personally it's very obvious and annoying.
You are probably 150-2000 years too late. But with a time machine you might go back and stop the development of fight hyping.

In the meantime, just try to keep in mind that even though Francis is black and talks a little shit to sell fights, he is still a decent guy who knocks fuckers out for a living.

maxresdefault.jpg

I like it, I think Ngannou should talk more shit. He deserves to be a superstar, he should talk more shit. I only watch fights so trash talk doesn't bother me, but if it helps Ngannou out he should do it. Love his fights!

Conor and Ronda taught me to be indifferent to a fighters personality.

He's a cringy trash talker, but I don't think it's malevolent, he's not an evil dude.

People that try to promote fights don't bother me.

One needs confidence to fight. If the confidence becomes so extreme it feels like arrogance, good. This is combat, we can pretend there needs to be civility and class in the pursuit of injuring another person into losing consciousness or submitting, but there doesn't. We even acknowledge this in heated rivalries by expecting a better fight because it's two men who don't respect eachother. Two men who will abandon all civility in the pursuit of beating eachother.

So I don't see why we should pretend it's unbecoming of a fighter. It's not. If we don't like them for it, the reason is really because we don't like them.

Back