Does anyone understand what happened at today's press conference?

magicmarker

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
Will there be two simultaneous, undisputed, lightweight champions?

Is this like pro wrestling where you have a championship belt and an intercontinental championship as well.

This is setting an extremely strange precedent to allow this to happen. I am starting to think Dana is in the camp of wanting him stripped, I think if he was on board with this decision he would have been able to smooth talk what's going on. He seemed to know it was crazy but was forbidden from saying so.

A complete mockery of the sport really.

maxresdefault.jpg

Is this like pro wrestling where you have a championship belt and an intercontinental championship as well.

This is setting an extremely strange precedent to allow this to happen. I am starting to think Dana is in the camp of wanting him stripped, I think if he was on board with this decision he would have been able to smooth talk what's going on. He seemed to know it was crazy but was forbidden from saying so.
basically Dana is still working out a deal with conor as we speak.

That press conference was essentially what the UFC has become in a nutshell.

Dana's response was incoherent.

so now it's gone from the ufc not making sense, to the president not even being able to tell you what's going on.

It's pretty simple really. We have 2 real LW gold belts with 2 undisputed champions.

Holy goofapotomos are sherbros dense sometimes. This ain't rocket science.

Listen up: one guy is the Undisputed Defending LW Champion.

The other one is the Undisputed Never-Defending LW Champion.

I get the feeling Conor is going to defend against Nate shortly after Khabib vs Ferguson happens.

No, man!

Dana is still waiting for Conor to respond.

If Conor says he will fight this year, then Dana will make Tony vs Khabib an interim fight and pay Tony and Khabib more so they would keep their mouth shut. And then it's the winner vs Conor probably this autumn or winter 2018.

If Conor ducks, then Dana will make Tony vs Khabib a title fight.

He is still waiting!

giphy.gif

So much workarounds for just one guy. I understand that he's their money making/PPV seling machines but this is getting ridiculous , especially considering that it's not even because of health/injury that he doesn't defend

Honestly i'd give him until spring and if he doesn't fight until then then just strip him. Conor doesn't even need a belt to sell PPVs anyway

They're going to let Conor voluntarily relinquish the belt instead of "stripping" him. Then, GSP vs Conor @ 170.

Back