Did Ngannou take Stipe Lightly?

Omega Man

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
Ngannou took 2 weeks off from training and chilled in Paris. Seems like a weird thing to do with the biggest fight of his life coming up. Is he underestimating Stipe?

who said he chilled in paris?

TeamNGII.jpg

Trust me Stipe will be hanging from a rope behind him next.

Wonder what was so important that he had to go back to Paris for two weeks during training camp? o_O

<seedat>
<{ohyeah}>

Wonder what was so important that he had to go back to Paris for two weeks during training camp? o_O

Maybe to be with his original team that he hasn't seen for over a year before he bring the belt back home ? Vegas is not home to him yet he just moved there all his family n friends in Paris n Cameroon

Also he did not take 2 week off that is false he trained very hard for Stipe in Paris his instagram full of pics him training lol

Ngannou took 2 weeks off from training and chilled in Paris. Seems like a weird thing to do with the biggest fight of his life coming up. Is he underestimating Stipe?

What, you think he can't train unless he's in a vat in the Performance Institute and hooked up to more machinery than a guy on life support?

That being said, I do think he's underestimating Stipe. Stipe has a gift for being underestimated, and I think it works on Francis even more than most opponents.

Are you from the future? You tell us.

What's the chance 2 weeks is the difference between winning and losing for a guy at Ngannou's experience level anyway? He's not becoming a D1 wrestler or ADCC threat in that time anyway.

chilled in paris = sparring with lebanner 8hrs a day

He said he didn't even had training camp for this one.. he also looks chubby.

Maybe to be with his original team that he hasn't seen for over a year before he bring the belt back home ? Vegas is not home to him yet he just moved there all his family n friends in Paris n Cameroon

His main\same trainers are with him in Vegas.

Family and friends can wait till after training camp\fight. Why would he go mid-training camp to catch up with family and friends?

I'm sure that's what it was. Every professional fighter takes two weeks off to catch up with family and friends during a six week camp. In another country at that!

Cormier won't even do an hour long once a week taping of his TV show so that he can train.

it does seem as if he's looking past him. Still an incredibly tough fight for Stipe though either way

if yall never been to Paris you should try it. living in Vegas is a trap for MMA fighters honestly.

Most definitely

This is what happens and I already see him
Believing his own hype

Which consists on beating two guys Stipe already knocked out

Stipe to Ngannou

Don't lecture me about the belt, you didn't fight for it
You think I'm frightened of you man?
I almost died in the trench
While you were off getting high with the French

Ngannou actin like Apollo in rocky 1....except stipe is the champ o_O

Most bizarre shit I've seen recently

Ngannou may very well be a victim of the UFC's own hype machine.

I frankly find it puzzling that the UFC hasn't gotten behind Stipe on this instead. He is about to set a record for HW title defenses, is likeable (not that NGannou isn't), a goddamn full time firefighter and an excellent representative of what MMA should look like.

Even Sherdog editors are picking Ngannou to win.

Stipe has vastly more experience and really only one career hiccup re Struve (And plenty of top fighters have had those one off performances, GSP for example). He lost a close fight to JDS and then came back and wiped him out and frankly Struve wouldn't make it out of the first round if they fought again.

Ngannou is largely unproven. He knocked out two aging heavyweights with collectively the most KO losses in the entire UFC roster. He hasn't fought more than 2 rounds his entire career so we have no clue what his cardio is like.

This is eerily similar to all the hype the Derrick Lewis had coming into his fight with Hunt. There he fought a guy that was tougher with better cardio and ended up paying for it.

Back