Two horrible Mismatches are headlining UFC 220

TRT Champion

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
I really don't understand the hype behind Ngannou. His best victories are against glass jaw Arlovski and glass jaw Overeem. Stipe by total annihilation.

And then we have another blatant mismatch in DC vs Oezdemir. Who the fuck's that Volkan guy anyway? Are we supposed to believe that he has any chance against Cormier?!
DC by whatever he wants.

Pride FC was all about mismatches, but these days the UFC is trying hard to catch up.

Francis fanboys about to go ham on you bro.

Volkan facing DC is laughable however. Shows how bad the division is if all you have to do is beat an old Jimi Manuwa to get a title shot.

I take it this means you won't watch these fights?

When was the last time stipe beat a top fighter in his prime ???
He just fought more than Francis.
It s not a mismatch at all stipe should be favorite but just because Francis is less experienced

Agreed on Volkan. Most overhyped fighter right now. And there are a lot of overhyped fighters.

Lmao! Damn right it's a mismatch. Ngannou going to knock Stipe stiff. Overeem knocked him down hard. (The same Overeem who you slate).

If you're so sure, just bet big on Stipe. He's a 3:2 underdog.

Imo, it's one of the most intriguing HW title fights ever. The LHW is pretty weak. It's one of the weaker challengers for a UFC title since they gave that TJ guy a shot at Barao.
{<hhh]

I take it this means you won't watch these fights?
Let's put it this way: I won't pay any money to watch them, if you know what I mean.
The UFC is trying to charge us ridiculous amount of cash for two predetermined headliners.

I wouldn't call Ngannou a " mismatch " versus anyone unless you're calling him the upside of the mismatch.
I lol-ed when read op.

When was the last time stipe beat a top fighter in his prime ???

Wouldn’t this also be true for Ngannou if you actually believe it ? Since his only big wins are Arlovski, and Overeem.

Two of the guys on Stipe’s current win streak.

The guy Stipe beat to win the belt was a top fighter in his prime. Werdum was on a winning streak that lasted 5 years.

What about Hunto, too ?

Silly argument that if anything makes Ngannou look bad, not Stipe.

I agree that DC X Volkan is a mismatch, but who else should be challenging for the belt? At least the guy is on a win streak with 2 consecutive KOs against ranked opponents.

I'd rather see a champion go can-crushing to stay active than sitting on the belt, stalling and being picky.

It will be hilarious when Full Camp Volkan comes in and takes over LHW the same way Conor did at FW and made the Cormier/Jones rivalry the equivalent of Aldo/Mendes.

So far he is on his way to do that.

I really don't understand the hype behind Ngannou. His best victories are against glass jaw Arlovski and glass jaw Overeem. Stipe by total annihilation.

And then we have another blatant mismatch in DC vs Oezdemir. Who the fuck's that Volkan guy anyway? Are we supposed to believe that he has any chance against Cormier?!
DC by whatever he wants.

Pride FC was all about mismatches, but these days the UFC is trying hard to catch up.
You're not wrong.

I remember when TJ was a mismatch against the GOAT Barao... This is MMA bro.

Wouldn’t this also be true for Ngannou if you actually believe it ? Since his only big wins are Arlovski, and Overeem.

Two of the guys on Stipe’s current win streak.

The guy Stipe beat to win the belt was a top fighter in his prime. Werdum was on a winning streak that lasted 5 years.

What about Hunto, too ?

Silly argument that if anything makes Ngannou look bad, not Stipe.

Well of course the same can be said about Francis
What I meant to say is that stipe did the same thing but just for longer
Werdum and hunt are not in their prime anymore mate and they aren’t since some years
Hw div sucks like never before,it s basically the same fighters that get older

It's like you're saying Ngannou only KO'd them because they have glass chins

Back