Josh Emmet is the 4th best FTW on earth

nick jacoby

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
according to rankings and now hes fighting Jeremy Stephens.

What if he KOs him? Is he then one fight away from a title shot?

26814619_388002768308036_7984723054889842794_n.jpg

He is overranked as of now. His next fight will determine where he truly belongs in the rankings.

Emmet is a FW? He can't even make FTW.

Would Korean Zombie beat Jeremy Stephens? I want to see it.

The dangers of taking a fight with an overweight fighter. Great victory, but I don't think it should be as significant to the rankings because he missed weight

Elkins is ahead of him. Winner of that fight should get Darren in a #1 contender fight imo, timing would work out for that fight to be around the same time as Ortega gets his shot.

Elkins is ahead of him. Winner of that fight should get Darren in a #1 contender fight imo, timing would work out for that fight to be around the same time as Ortega gets his shot.
Emmett & Elkins are teammates. Emmett is 2-0 at FW now, he needs two more solid wins to be considered for a title. If he beats Stephens, give him Cub

2.5 lbs.... what's the big deal about his weight? Guy has never missed before.

Let's see him make weight for lamas, fight and win the same way and I'll credit that victory

Until then I'm
Not interested

Let's see him make weight for lamas, fight and win the same way and I'll credit that victory

Until then I'm
Not interested

That's great.

But what you say means absolutely nothing with the rankings and matchmaking.

That's great.

But what you say means absolutely nothing with the rankings and matchmaking.

Didn't say it did

Just my view on him

Which I will be very vocal
About

Rankings don't matter

I'm not sold on that one left hook putting Emmet into legitimate contention. Elkins is tough, well rounded and has cardio for days, but he's too reliant on grinding out opponents without really shining in any one area (that was a good win against Johnson, though). Ortega seems to just straight up pull wins out of his ass in fights he is losing sometimes, even though he keeps winning.

If Max gets by Frankie, there's no interesting fights for him at FW unless someone in the pack can get another dominant win over another top 5er to seal their deal.

IMO Frankie, Max and Aldo are leaps and bounds better than the rest of the top 10, and after Max and Frankie square off, they've exhausted all the fights possible with those three.

I'd be more interested in seeing the KZ fight the winner of Max/Edgar, although he probably needs a win before then. I'd pick KZ over Elkins, Ortega and Emmet.

lmaooo doesnt change his skill set or the outcome of the fight. it was literally 2.5 lbs and he took the fight on less than 3 weeks notice. even offered lamas the rematch. haters gonna hate i suppose

Until then I'm
Not interested

Until then I'm
Not interested
Emmett took the fight on short notice. Don't you think that should serve as a compensating factor if you're going to hold the missing weight thing against his performance vs Lamas?

Back