Who's the better fighter Darren Elkins, Brian Ortega, Josh Emmett or Jeremy Stephens?

Ragnus

K-1 Heavyweight Champion
@Green
Reaction score
Personally I think Darren Elkins, Josh Emmett and Jeremy Stephens have good chances of finishing Ortega but would all do poorly against Holloway whereas I think Ortega would be a good matchup against Holloway and would have chances to submit him, so who's the best guy within the 4 and whos next for the winner of Holloway/Edgar (let's just assume if Edgar wins there isn't a rematch).

Ortega is defenitly the answer here. Not even sure how this is a question right now. We have rankings for a reason.

No offence.

In this order
1.Ortega
2.Emmett
3.Stephens
4.Elkins

Stephens vs Emmett would be a banger.

Ortega is defenitly the answer here. Not even sure how this is a question right now. We have rankings for a reason.

No offence.
to be fair Emmett knocked out a higher ranked opponent than Ortega as lamas was higher ranked than Cub and you could make an argument finishing Johnson in the 2nd round is a bigger achievement than finishing Cub.

Emmet has one finish in his 5 UFC fights; I doubt he finishes Ortega. Id like to see him fight more top 15 guys.

Fuck outta here with Emmett.

He had two weeks to make weight, and missed by a 2.5lb margin.

He has no business being ranked 4th, or even in this discussion.

Lol Stephens would get finished by Ortega. Infact other than Ortega, the rest seem like gatekeepers at best.

Emmet has one finish in his 5 UFC fights; I doubt he finishes Ortega. Id like to see him fight more top 15 guys.
correct me if i'm wrong but Ortega only has one top 15 opponent.

Fuck outta here with Emmett.

He had two weeks to make weight, and missed by a 2.5lb margin.

He has no business being ranked 4th, or even in this discussion.
that's a fair criticism.

Emmett and Ortega have the highest ceiling (although Emmett is kinda old, even if he hasn't been fighting long). Stephens is still a gatekeeper.

Lol Stephens would get finished by Ortega. Infact other than Ortega, the rest seem like gatekeepers at best.
Ortega really struggled against Guida I think Stephens could pose some problems and Stephens has a lot more experience, Ortega only has 1 or 2 fights against top 15.

Moicana was top 10 when he beat him (Moicana has just beaten Stephens) and Guida might have been ranked too.

I was talking about Emmets finishing ability. He hasn't had more top 15 guys than Ortega, no?

Moicana was top 10 when he beat him (Moicana has just beaten Stephens) and Guida might have been ranked too.
Yeah touche I forgot about the Moicana win that's one of his best performances aside from the Cub fight.

I was talking about Emmets finishing ability. He hasn't had more top 15 guys than Ortega, no?
Yeah that's fair but neither did Darren Till, maybe Emmett is turning a corner in his career.

Ortega really struggled against Guida I think Stephens could pose some problems and Stephens has a lot more experience, Ortega only has 1 or 2 fights against top 15.
Ortega is the kind of fighter to get better as the rounds go on. He is usually losing till the third till he pulls out the finish. He is the most prominent 3rd round finisher in the UFC, probably even more dangerous than Yoel in the third.

Youre vastly underrating Ortega.

ortega
stephens
elkins
emmit

Personally I think Darren Elkins, Josh Emmett and Jeremy Stephens have good chances of finishing Ortega but would all do poorly against Holloway whereas I think Ortega would be a good matchup against Holloway and would have chances to submit him, so who's the best guy within the 4 and whos next for the winner of Holloway/Edgar (let's just assume if Edgar wins there isn't a rematch).

I just think Ortega is a Cody McKenzie on steroids. Wins by guillotine, sucks at striking ..I dont like him

Back