Chael Sonnen details backstage altercation with Chuck Liddell

Agent Mulder's Hair

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I'm assuming this must have been posted already, but I did a search and didn't see anything.

The two evidently got into some sort of altercation during the press tour for Bellator 192 which takes place this Saturday. Liddell may or may not be ready to come back to the cage, but Sonnen was ready to throw down right then and there.

“I come into the dressing room and there was Chuck [Liddell], face-to-face, and it was awkward. I was doing [The Rich Eisen Show] and he told me, ‘You got a message for Chuck? He’ll be here tomorrow.’ So I gave him a message to Chuck, thinking he would be there tomorrow. Turned out Chuck was in the back, watching it on a monitor, with my mother.”

“So, my mom and uncle had to get involved and it was just a big, colossal — I had to go one way and Chuck had to go the other, and it was weird. But I don’t think he’s going to fight again. I didn’t ask him point-blank because we were too busy yelling at one another, but he looked good, I’ll give him that. I mean, it looked like he was in shape, but I don’t know. I don’t know what he’s going to do. I’m up for [the fight] right now. I’m ready to go. I was ready to fight him yesterday in the green room, would’ve reached right over my mother.”Chael Sonnen speaking to MMA Fighting.

http://www.bjpenn.com/mma-news/chae...-details-backstage-altercation-chuck-liddell/

Edit: here are the interviews he was talking about. It's funny knowing Chuck is there in the green room with Chael's mom. I think Chael knew Chuck was there. He clearly does NOT want to talk any crap about Chuck when Eisner asks him to. lol

Last edited:
Did he have that look in his eyes?

01awkward_chuckstaring.gif

Oh wonderful, MMA dinosaurs trying to stir up interest in a pointless sideshow bout so they can make a few more dollars for two minutes in the cage. Be Chael vs Tito all over again. What a a farce.

Oh wonderful, MMA dinosaurs trying to stir up interest in a pointless sideshow bout so they can make a few more dollars for two minutes in the cage. Be Chael vs Tito all over again. What a a farce.

I'm way more interested in the mma dinosaurs than I am the current generation of fighters. Maybe that's just me.

Shogun
Wand
Chuck

Chael the greatest 205ers of all time.

Chael's fighting Rampage here real soon too.

And don't forget Chael would have a win over Jon Jones if that fight had gone to the end of the round, since Jon's toe was hanging off.

I'm way more interested in the mma dinosaurs than I am the current generation of fighters. Maybe that's just me.

But do you really want to see more crap like Tito vs Chael or Royce Grace vs Frank Shamrock? This is Chael trying to set another farce like that. I'm sure Bellator is interested.

Chuck is the antidote for boring wrestlers. Old Lidell kos Sonnen easyly

Chael's fighting Rampage here real soon too.

And don't forget Chael would have a win over Jon Jones if that fight had gone to the end of the round, since Jon's toe was hanging off.

Good thing he doesn't. Because Chael doesn't deserve a win over Jones. He's not good enough.

Chuck developed a style tailor made to beat takedown artists (Randy/Tito) so I see him KO'ing Chael even in his old man state.

Sonnen raised his hand to shake chucks and the wind from the movement KO'd chuck. At this point of time chuck is too chinny to fight. I could backhand him and he'd wake up next week.

Back