Does Francis Ngannou hit as hard as a boxer? His striking coach gives his thoughts

ProBoxingInsidr

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Dewey Cooper talks about the punching power of Francis Ngannou. Cooper not only works with MMA fighters, but also trains kickboxers and boxers as well. Not only that, but he has also fought in all 3 himself, so he definitely has more knowledge than most.

He hits like a truck:

ice-cream-truck-run-over-o.gif

I never put stock in what coaches and sparring partners say about a fighter. I put stock in what that guy's opposition would say after being defeated.

Dewey Cooper talks about the punching power of Francis Ngannou. Cooper not only works with MMA fighters, but also trains kickboxers and boxers as well. Not only that, but he has also fought in all 3 himself, so he definitely has more knowledge than most.

He hits like cosby

This how hard does he hit will be funny after the fight specialy if Ngannou loses

Conor shocked me and most of the world when he landed a flush uppercut on Mayweather in the first round. didn't phase Mayweather one bit. that's because all the power Conor has in MMA didn't translate to when he used (or i should say attempted to use) boxing technique. for a variety of obvious reasons, which hopefully most of you already grok and i don't need to get into.

my guess is that most mma players would suffer the same way.

EDIT: ok i listened. he says he hits just as hard on the gloves. my question is whether he hits as hard while boxing. because that's where Conor suffered; while he was focusing on footwork, body placement, etc, he lost all his power.

and if Ngannou boxes the way he fights mma, my guess is he gets outclassed and KTFO'd by a top 25 boxer. though if he lands, he will land hard.

Last edited:
When you think you have black guy vert....... only to realize you have white guy vert.
I actually think he had a chance at getting a little bit closer to clearance height but he jumped so late that he got hit waaaaay before he even came close.

it kills me most people here don't know who dewey cooper is. maybe I'm just fucking old tho

I'm sure he hits harder than most HW boxers

I actually think he had a chance at getting a little bit closer to clearance height but he jumped so late that he got hit waaaaay before he even came close.

Either way, getting in front of a (moving) car is bad business.:D

People are obsessed with how hard he hits, if we know one thing from years of Boxing - it’s that a perfect punch isn’t necessarily rooted in power.

If you hit the right spot and they don’t see it coming, it’s going to cause them problems.

I never put stock in what coaches and sparring partners say about a fighter. I put stock in what that guy's opposition would say after being defeated.

Or after winning. DC said Rumbles power was something he'd never experienced before. Not that we didn't know that rumble throws bombs but I thought I was cool to see a champion say "I've never been hit that hard before."

Back