Remember Sokoudjou.......????

migeru29

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
An extremely overrated fighter that seemed to be an unbeatable monster?
Once in a while a fighter like this appears our of nowhere and probably just probably I'm thinking Ngannou has been "cursed" since the beginning to be the new Sokoudjou. Time will tell.

Of course. Man cant believe hes had 30+ fights since KOing arona and lil nog already

Yeah, until Machida took him to school

if i were to invent a new ratio called "best back-to-back-wins divided by skill", Soko wins by a long shot. Forrest may be 2nd (Shogun, Rampage), but whether it's him or anyone else, they are far, far, far down the scale.

An extremely overrated fighter that seemed to be an unbeatable monster?
Once in a while a fighter like this appears our of nowhere and probably just probably I'm thinking Ngannou has been "cursed" since the beginning to be the new Sokoudjou. Time will tell.
in any of the most hyped / 'houston alexander is for real' threads, that name gets criminally under-mentioned. he was considered the Next Big Thing for about 9 days.

and yes - ngannou could definitely fall into that general category if he crashes and burns on Saturday. however to be fair, sokoudjou never beat anyone on par with overeem, so ngannou has already accomplished more.

to be fair, sokoudjou never beat anyone on par with overeem, so ngannou has already accomplished more.
damn. either you really rate Arona & lil Nog lower than me, or really rate AO higher ;)

Rameau has had his brain reorganized too many times to make another run

TBH, he only came onto the radar by his upset win at the PRIDE US event, and then the last PRIDE event but Arona was already shot by then.

damn. either you really rate Arona & lil Nog lower than me, or really rate AO higher ;)
those were good wins but i say reem trumps them.

that, and ngannou won his title eliminator whereas sokoudjou lost his. so ngannou has the edge there too.

I remember Minowa tko’ing him in the superu hulku tournamento

amongst many other failures

Minowa is the fucking man

2ag6ohl.gif

in any of the most hyped / 'houston alexander is for real' threads, that name gets criminally under-mentioned. he was considered the Next Big Thing for about 9 days.

and yes - ngannou could definitely fall into that general category if he crashes and burns on Saturday. however to be fair, sokoudjou never beat anyone on par with overeem, so ngannou has already accomplished more.
I mean, Sokou did KO a man who submitted Reem with strikes though.

Yeah, until Machida took him to school
Complete domination, and there wasn't much for Sokou to look forward to after that

Also lot of folks forget Glover merked him once as well
glover-ko-sokoudjou2.gif

You almost wanna sit back and watch and soak it all in.

Back