Neither Tony or Khabib deserve to fight for the belt

Gervinho

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
2 great fighters. But the fact that both agreed to fight for the interim belt shows how weak they are. If these 2 had competent management they would have sided together and put real pressure on the to either strip or force conor to defend the belt.

Honestly I’d like to see them clear out the division gain some popularity then beg Conor.

Psyche I want the eagle to make that leprechaun his donkey <16>

And then Dana would make up a story and say "these guys don't want to fight", and we'd just end up with Alvarez vs the winner of Poirer/Gaethe for the "-real" interim

Money is the bottomline. Conor has the potential to make the UFC more money, so they'll let put up with his bullshit for a while. There is jackshit the management of Tony or Khabib could do about it. Neither are big money stars

Yeah...they both need to go 1-1 against Nate Diaz at 170 for their title shots first.

<{danawhoah}>
"Khabib and Tony were never my friends"

It will be for the Real Title. Conor will get stripped.

The only idiot here is Tony . A lot to lose and little to gain.

I actually feel like the UFC would cut both and keep Conor just in case he one day comes back

Like this fucking belt has any meaning yet.

And then Dana would make up a story and say "these guys don't want to fight", and we'd just end up with Alvarez vs the winner of Poirer/Gaethe for the "-real" interim

Money is the bottomline. Conor has the potential to make the UFC more money, so they'll let put up with his bullshit for a while. There is jackshit the management of Tony or Khabib could do about it. Neither are big money stars
Maybe....but we needed more pressure and bad pr on the ufc. Conor aint coming earlier than dec 2018 if he is even coming back. I really do t think dana would strip tony and remove khabib from where they are.

2 great fighters. But the fact that both agreed to fight for the interim belt shows how weak they are. If these 2 had competent management they would have sided together and put real pressure on the to either strip or force conor to defend the belt.
Conor will be stripped in a matter of days. Hold your horses. Khabib/Tony will be for the undisputed title.

Maybe....but we needed more pressure and bad pr on the ufc. Conor aint coming earlier than dec 2018 if he is even coming back. I really do t think dana would strip tony and remove khabib from where they are.

It won't matter.
Nobody but analysts, other fighters, and uber fans are going to care about the UFC's credibility and stripping Conor. The casual fan doesn't care.
People want to see Conor fight. He knows it, and the UFC knows it.
Nothing Khabib, Tony, or the UFC can do to change that.
Only way it changes is if a bigger star comes along, or Conor's absence starts to hurt the bottom line more than it helps

Yeah blame the fighters who want to stay active and make a living , those fucking assholes are so greedy.

I respect Tony for not giving a fuck and just fighting, but if he was smart and cared about getting paid big, he'd call out UFC on the absurdity of defending an interim belt when the champion of the actual belt is healthy.

If Conor was going to defend they had little choice because his next fight is going to be a monster.
As a viewer, fuck the belt, let's see the best vs the best. Belts are beneficial financially for the fighter but the politics involved mean they certainly are not the be all end all

yea man, 10 fight and 9 fight respective streaks in the UFC isn't enough. Both need a few more wins first i'd say.

What can they do? Conor wants nothing to do with either of them and has the protection of the UFC. The two best fighters at LW are about to fight just be thankful for that.

Conor is only an attraction.

These two are the best LWs without a doubt. Conor is an attraction to keep more casuals interested.

Good for business blabla. But not the best LW. And that is what I care about.

Conor is the diva that they have to keep happy. That's why they have been so lenient with him.

But the circus will not go on for ever. Some day he will have to accept a fight or just walk away for good.

These two are here to stay.

He's got the same manager as Conor. I don't have a dog in Ferg vs Khabib, but that fact alone makes me wonder if it wouldn't be best that Khabib won, just less chance of more fuckery like this interim title defense (if confirmed).

Last edited:
now THERE'S a new opinion.

i think there's a reason why we're only seeing it for the first time.

Back