Miocic Needs to Run (Overeem-Style) for the First Four Rounds, and Finish Ngannou in the Fifth

A

AronaBeatsJones

This is the correct strategy. The only tape Miocic should be watching is Frank Shamrock-Tito Ortiz.

Have the muscly Ngannou gas himself out throwing power shots in the first few rounds, and then once he's spent, pick him apart after he lowers his defenses for the TKO finish.

If Miocic tries to engage with Ngannou in the first round like he usually does, he's going to be off to see the Wizard, the wonderful Wizard of Oz.

14330163_10154477032863416_6244013127599541358_n1.jpg

Single leg takedown and smash

Much easier

Risk 20 minutes trying to dodge huge shots from N'Gannou or mix it up with wrestling and tiring him out against the cage...Hmmm which one is smarter?This isn't Hackney vs Emmanuel Yarborough​

I would say he should be completely defensive for the first 1.5 rounds, voluntarily lose at least round 1, then turn the tide. Basically spend that time backing up and tying up Francis, taking only what is right there and no big risks.

Have you guys ever considered the idea that maybe Stipe might actually be a better striker than Ngannou? Like, maybe he'll outbox him on the feet from the get go, mix it up with some wrestling and get a finish?

Or are we all just stuck on the prediction that Ngannou is light years ahead of Stipe?

Ngannou has plenty of power, but this is HW. They all have power. Stipe can just as easily put Ngannou out with one shot as well. I would favor Stipe in this as well. He's a good, technical boxer.

I think Miocic's saving grace is that he rarely throws looping shots. He throws these short straight punches.

He just can’t be reckless. Francis beat 2 big name guys, both have been knocked out before. Stipe s no joke. I think he mauls Francis

Stick and move on the feet while mixing in TD's and top control. Win rounds conservatively, avoid the heavy heat from the hardest hitting man in the UFC, tire the big muscled fighter until he gases and then go for the finish. Stipe is a solid boxer and I hope his defense will be on point because Ngannou has the power to knock people into next week. I like Stipe as long as he fights smart, i.e. avoids the stand-up brawl. Make Ngannou fight Stipe's fight which needs to include wrestling/grappling/GnP. Going full stand-up gives Ngannou more time to land that one big punch that changes the fight.

Stipe will be fine standing. How do you think he won all his other fights?

Stipe does I think need to offer something to keep Ngannou off him, Reem knocked Stipe down but when the running started he was just too defencive pulling that high guard against the cage.

In terms of power/chin I think the issue is less whether Stipe can KO him, I'm sure he can if he lands his best shots clean but rather more can Ngannou take less clean shots and still stay aggressive? Honestly my feeling is that he's not going to be a glass canon like Arlovski or Reem who folds under pressure but just how mentally tough he is well that's still questionable.

I think Stipe's typical strategy will serve him well if he keeps his feet moving and his hands up. Ngannou relies largely on powerful punches, specifically the uppercut. I think if Stipe keeps Ngannou on the defense with leg kicks, clinching, and take downs he'll gas Ngannou and likely TKO him.

Miocic needs to hit Francis very hard with his fist and it could be enough.

Why is Overeem the face of running?

That should be Gus.

Have you guys ever considered the idea that maybe Stipe might actually be a better striker than Ngannou? Like, maybe he'll outbox him on the feet from the get go, mix it up with some wrestling and get a finish?

Or are we all just stuck on the prediction that Ngannou is light years ahead of Stipe?

Ngannou has plenty of power, but this is HW. They all have power. Stipe can just as easily put Ngannou out with one shot as well. I would favor Stipe in this as well. He's a good, technical boxer.

It's possible, but the thing is, Overeem is clearly a better and more technical striker than Stipe and Ngannou both.

How'd that work out for him?

4 rounds of running and a finish in the 5th?

Well if that doesnt sound like a boring fight...

Back