About "manlets"...

Status
Not open for further replies.

djason1988

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
I posted this as a reply in another thread, but considering how ridiculously overused it is, I'll just make a thread about it here.

The term "manlet" gets horribly overused around here. Sure, a flw like DJ (5'2") could be called so. But the average height of a man globally is 5'8". The average height of an American male is 5'9". People like to say the presence of Hispanics and Asians lower America's average height, but it's actually right at 5'10" for both white and black males. So unless you live in one of these Nordic countries where the average height is above 6', the majority of fighters at 145 and above would not, objectively speaking, be considered "manlets". And even if they are under that in those weight classes, like in the case of Chad Mendes, they make up for it in muscle mass, and could most likely bench most of you. And I don't know about you, but I'm not gonna call somebody 2 inches shorter than me but with biceps the size of my head a manlet.

Just my 2 cents. Of course, I understand that this is sherdog, land of 6'4", 250lb, 4% body fat "A-level" athletes.

11330570_849921961752875_2030427689_n.jpg

I just love the word manlet

I also love patting people on the back and saying

'Good for you, little guy'

The average height is not relevant here

<{UberTS}>
6'6 and over or ip banned

Manlet is a term used by guys on sherdog who are 5’8 and insecure about how average they are

I posted this as a reply in another thread, but considering how ridiculously overused it is, I'll just make a thread about it here.

The term "manlet" gets horribly overused around here. Sure, a flw like DJ (5'2") could be called so. But the average height of a man globally is 5'8". The average height of an American male is 5'9". People like to say the presence of Hispanics and Asians lower America's average height, but it's actually right at 5'10" for both white and black males. So unless you live in one of these Nordic countries where the average height is above 6', the majority of fighters at 145 and above would not, objectively speaking, be considered "manlets". And even if they are under that in those weight classes, like in the case of Chad Mendes, they make up for it in muscle mass, and could most likely bench most of you. And I don't know about you, but I'm not gonna call somebody 2 inches shorter than me but with biceps the size of my head a manlet.

Just my 2 cents. Of course, I understand that this is sherdog, land of 6'4", 250lb, 4% body fat "A-level" athletes.

Do you really think people use the term 'manlets' in here with logic?

It's a way to project their insecurities onto public figures. They feel soooooo small inside so they criticize people who were born to be small even though they can't do anything about it.

Manlet is more the mentality, than just the height.

Like... the little guy in the gym that walk around like he took a dump in his pants, arms flared out and an angry look on his face. Or the guy who is tailgating you in his massive jacked up truck that he needs a staircase to climb into. Or the guy who wants to fight you for no reason other than he's drunk and you are a foot taller than him.

THOSE are the manlets.

If you care what other people thinking about you then you re midget now even manlet if you dont give a f..k about nobody then you re the man...

As far as as I can trace, the term “Manlet” originates from bodybuilding.com’s forum and was used to describe an overly muscled individual who is also very short. Like, I don’t know, Sean Sherk or Chad Mendes. Though in body building circles I doubt their bodies are considered jacked at all.

Anyway the term manlet now seems to cover any person below 5’10 and is blatantly misused even if it makes me laugh occasionally.

It is trolling. You must be like 5'4 or 5'5 to be a manlet. Women are 5'2 or 5'3 so being only 1 inch taller or same size as mighty mouse makes you so small.

5'7 is not too bad for guy

This is what manmores look like when they don't juice to the gills just to fill out their giant frames
Blank+_f529590f22d4350c04cb80a02523c0ad.gif

Manlet is more the mentality, than just the height.

Like... the little guy in the gym that walk around like he took a dump in his pants, arms flared out and an angry look on his face.
yzBk85Xs_400x400.jpeg

Last edited:
Move to the filipines and you will feel taller

Last edited:
Manlet is a term used by guys on sherdog who are 5’8 and insecure about how average they are
You fucking nailed it. Simple psychology: Tall guys are secure and don't feel the need to use a derogatory term, and short guys don't diss their own. The "manlet" word phenomenon is exclusively among the average-heighted

Remember when Victorian_Guy used to get in fictional street fights with obnoxious midgets back in 2004?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back