Ngannou TDD -- How Tested is It?

ArmenianAssasin

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
I don't see any world where it makes sense for Stripe to stand there and risk getting your head knocked off like Arlovski and Overeem did unless he has no choice

Nganou was able to easily shrug off Blaydes TD attempts --- how much better of a wrestler is Stipe? is he going to be able to land the TD?

I think this pretty much will dictate who takes this fight

Against a good wrestler like Stipe?
Not been tested

The cucks will point to a very green Curtis Blaydes
He's not the same level as Stipe

Against a good wrestler like Stipe?
Not been tested

The cucks will point to a very green Curtis Blaydes
He's not the same level as Stipe

I agree -- but the way he just over powered and shrugged Blaydes off shows how difficult it is to take someone that strong and athletic down -- Nganou was extremely green himself at the time

I agree -- but the way he just over powered and shrugged Blaydes off shows how difficult it is to take someone that strong and athletic down -- Nganou was extremely green himself at the time

I think something that never gets spoken off and even I'll credit the French twat with

His arms are ridiculously long or at least they seem it, I can see Stipe having trouble shaking those under hooks off for sure
But I can also see him getting single legs against the cage and making it look like JDS vs Cain 2/3

I think something that never gets spoken off and even I'll credit the French twat with

His arms are ridiculously long or at least they seem it, I can see Stipe having trouble shaking those under hooks off for sure
But I can also see him getting single legs against the cage and making it look like JDS vs Cain 2/3

this is the million dollar (or at least the $3500 I bet) question -- the way he just completely shakes off Blaydes is a little concerning -- he can't even get under him

It's not only his arms -- its his entire upper body is freakishly long

this is the million dollar (or at least the $3500 I bet) question -- the way he just completely shakes off Blaydes is a little concerning -- he can't even get under him

It's not only his arms -- its his entire upper body is freakishly long

For sure man
It's just gonna be one of them fights at the end we go 'of course that's what happened!'
I could even see Stipe grinding on him to the point where he has Francis worried and then lands a Ko blow

Again kinda like Cain and JDS as it went later

All this shrugging off TD's is fun and games until an NCAA 1 guy like Stipe grabs you
JDS had insane TD defence too didn't he? They always find a way

Who did you bet btw?

For sure man
It's just gonna be one of them fights at the end we go 'of course that's what happened!'
I could even see Stipe grinding on him to the point where he has Francis worried and then lands a Ko blow

Again kinda like Cain and JDS as it went later

All this shrugging off TD's is fun and games until an NCAA 1 guy like Stipe grabs you
JDS had insane TD defence too didn't he? They always find a way

Who did you bet btw?

Agree completely

I think stipe will find a way and there’s value at the current odds — he just has so many ways to win and only one way to lose

He needs to come in and execute a smart game plan and not take any many risks

Like you
Said — Hindsight’s 20/20 but both arlovski and overeem played right into ngannous strenght

maybe not when both are fresh but as ngannou wains and stipe is grinding him down thats when he can get ngannou down. first round he should just be applying the pressure and throwing crisp punches. tire him out then pick the pace up. he cant carry that muscle for 5 rounds without gassing. and hw's only need 1 punch to end it

maybe not when both are fresh but as ngannou wains and stipe is grinding him down thats when he can get ngannou down. first round he should just be applying the pressure and throwing crisp punches. tire him out then pick the pace up. he cant carry that muscle for 5 rounds without gassing. and hw's only need 1 punch to end it

I agree but at the same time isn’t it the most dangerous time to actually stand with him? During those first 5 minutes — taking a chance getting caught

He may have good enough TDD to fight off a few double leg attempts while being fresh, the real question is will he be able to withstand versatile TD attempts while being tired and forced to guess his opponent's next move.

Yea. But Stipd can feint, get those arms up, then SINGLE leg him.

He may have good enough TDD to fight off a few double leg attempts while being fresh, the real question is will he be able to withstand versatile TD attempts while being tired and forced to guess his opponent's next move.

This.. Stipe can try and straight up wrestle him and it would be okay if he fails because that means he got the big man working and grappling cardio doesn't come from a few years of training it especially at that size with a lot of muscles to oxygen feed.

This either ends in first round TKO for Stipe or a late 3rd/4th finish in a fight that will look the same like he had vs Mark Hunt.

Blaydes has much better TDs than Stipe.

Blaydes has much better TDs than Stipe.

Too bad he wasn't that much of a threat in the stand-up to fully utilize them. He can have better TDs than Cain, it doesn't come down to exclusively shooting double legs the first chance you get.

Stipe has good wrestling for sure but some itt are making it out like hes an Olympic gold medalist. I dont think any double legs will work unless he gets him against the cage, lands some shots and then drops down. Singles against the cage are most likely to work if any.

Francis is a scary dude and hes only getting better. I still will root for Stipe but wouldn't be shocked if Francis ko's him into a coma either.

Stipe hasn't really needed to use his wrestling due to superior boxing skills than most his opponents.
I'm not trying to bash Stipe, it's just a fact. Blaydes has very dynamic and powerful takedowns. Watch Stipe's takedown attempts in the first fight with JDS. Stipe is a good wrestler, but Blaydes definitely has better shots.

Back