UFC fighters you have met or trained with

nick jacoby

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
UFC fighter or ex UFC fighters

When I was 16-17 I took boxing lessons at Team Curran. Jeff Currans academy.
And TBH he was a really cool dude and incredibly knowledegable.
My trainers name was Doug Mango. He was a good dude also and a chiropractor as well.
He still trains many Team Curran fighters including Felice Herrig.

Funny story. I was about 5 foot 11 135 lbs soaking wet. I was wearing shorts too big for me
and sparring with an opponent much better than me. Though I dont think he was even trying.
Anyways as I was covering up in the corner and my shorts started to fall off and Jeff Curran
saved my shorts from falling off and embarrassing myself. He proceeded to tie them
and I proceeded to lose the sparring match. Also, an amateur female boxer lit me up in sparring lol

End story.

Who have you trained with and who have you met?

I met glover at a bellator event, took the time to take a picture with me and shake my hand even though the guy he was there for had just lost. not shocking since he's always come off as a super good dude

I met RDA 2 days after he beat Lawler. I just said thank you over and over while bowing my head. He gave me a huge smile and thumbs up.

Was on the wrestling team in high school with Daniel pineda and have helped with his fight camps before met Derrick Lewis at the gym a couple of times.

UFC fighter or ex UFC fighters

When I was 16-17 I took boxing lessons at Team Curran. Jeff Currans academy.
And TBH he was a really cool dude and incredibly knowledegable.
My trainers name was Doug Mango. He was a good dude also and a chiropractor as well.
He still trains many Team Curran fighters including Felice Herrig.

Funny story. I was about 5 foot 11 135 lbs soaking wet. I was wearing shorts too big for me
and sparring with an opponent much better than me. Though I dont think he was even trying.
Anyways as I was covering up in the corner and my shorts started to fall off and Jeff Curran
saved my shorts from falling off and embarrassing myself. He proceeded to tie them
and I proceeded to lose the sparring match. Also, an amateur female boxer lit me up in sparring lol

End story.

Who have you trained with and who have you met?

confirmed Beta

Did some training with Mark Munoz and Krystof at Reign... however nice you imagine those guys to be, times that by 10. Super down to earth and great instructors.

I've met DC,Woodley, Renzo Gracie, Melvin Guillard, Jz Calvacante, Tyrone Spong, Chad Griggs, Giblert, Sean Sherk, Jake Ellenberger, Josh Rosenthal, Sam Stout. Last, and least....Rockhold<{clintugh}>

Stout wasn't rude, but seemed like he wanted to be elsewhere. Rockhold was a dick. Shocker. The guys that stuck out as super cool were DC, Gilbert and Sherk. Not that the other guys were rude, I just had short conversations with the 3 I mentioned.

Did some training with Mark Munoz and Krystof at Reign... however nice you imagine those guys to be, times that by 10. Super down to earth and great instructors.

Frank Mir is probably the nicest fighter I have met.Guy can talk your ear off and he's so passionate about the sport.My friend introduced me to him and he talked for like 30 minutes while at work lol (a friend I grew up with was a dancer at the Spearmint Rhino where he worked in '04 ish).Surprisingly enough Sugar Ray Leonard was the biggest dick I met (but it was like 6 am).

My friend and I were waiting in line to get our corners license to ref my brother during an amateur fight and we seen Joe Stevenson and whispered to each other “hey that’s Joe Stevenson” and one of the guys giving out the corners license knew him and yelled “yo Joe, these guys want a picture with you” lol we shook hands, took a picture and that was that.

Tony Ferguson was there also in the back room where the fighters warm up and prepare since I guess someone from his camp was fighting. The dude was literally break dancing like a fool seeking for attention and I like Tony.

This was 2014

Met the Diaz bros, Matt Serra, Ken Shamrock, Amir Sadollah, Tim Credur, Travis Lutter, Jens Pulver.
They're fighters i've had a conversation with.
Met others for just a quick photo.

Had conversations with Joe Rogan, Michael Schiavello & Stephen Quadros. All cool guys.

Nicest guy was Matt Serra. By himself waiting for a flight from NYC to Vegas before Weidman/Machida event. Caught the same plane.

Met McGregor in Pets at Home, was purchasing a duck.

I've gotten to roll with Urijah Faber, Tyson Griffin, Caio Terra, Duane Ludwig and Jerry Bohlander.

trained with Francis Ngannou and his team at MMA Factory, cool dudes

Met Fedor,
Overeem and Spong. And some other Dutch k1 fighters like gunyar

Back in 2010 at the Marquardt vs. Paul Harris card. Rothwell, Kennedy, and Al Turk were sitting right next to us. Rothwell and Kennedy were cool as fuck. Al Turk didn't want to talk to anyone.

At the Houston expo I met a lot of fighters. Mir was cool. Jen's was weird as fuck but cool. Korean Zombie out me in a choke. Bonnie was a dick. Meisha was sweet but Caraway was giving everyone dirty looks. It was before he was signed and nobody knew him.

At 136 I met Dana White as he was leaving after the show. He was nice and took pics with everyone that wanted, even though his bodyguard kept rushing him along. Dana said the bodyguard was for the crazy Fedor fans.

I met :

Fedor twice.
Big Nog
Ninja
Kongo
Wanderlei twice
Aldo twice
Miesha
Shogun three times, also trained with, he chocked me for a démonstration from clinch, crazy power.
Machida

Back