Daniel Cormier full UFC 220 open workout scrum (Interview)

Arm Barbarian

Titanium Belt
@Titanium
Reaction score

Just 3 days prior to UFC 220, DC says his weight cut is going awesome, and that he feels great. Says his energy and his weight is so good at this point that it "scares him." lol

Expects a tough fight from Volkan, but is not sure whether Oezdemir being under the spotlight in his highest profile fight may affect him.

Accepts his role as one of the "salesmen" of this card, as he acknowledges that none of the other head-liners are very out-spoken, whereas he is very comfortable on camera and behind the microphone.

Confirms he will NOT be going up to heavyweight. Says, "You guys have seen me standing next to these guys. Just the size difference of a Francis or a Stipe, It's crazy. I don't want to fight a heavyweight. I've kind of moved past that, and I'm enjoying fighting where I fight." (At LHW)

Says his kids are his motivation, and he will not be fighting once he is 40 years old. He and his family have all agreed on it. But this is not his final fight.

Reiterates the Jon Jones / Ted Bundy Polygraph test thing when asked about it. haha

Last edited:

Just 3 days prior to UFC 220, DC says his weight cut is going awesome, and that he feels great. Says his energy and his weight is so good at this point that it "scares him." lol

Expects a tough fight from Volkan, but is not sure whether Oezdemir being under the spotlight in his highest profile fight may affect him.

Accepts his role as one of the "salesmen" of this card, as he acknowledges that none of the other head-liners are very out-spoken, whereas he is very comfortable on camera and behind the microphone.

Confirms he will NOT be going up to heavyweight. Says, "You guys have seen me standing next to these guys. Just the size difference of a Francis or a Stipe, It's crazy. I don't want to fight a heavyweight. I've kind of moved past that, and I'm enjoying fighting where I fight." (At LHW)

Says his kids are his motivation, and he will not be fighting once he is 40 years old. He and his family have all agreed on it. But this is not his final fight.

Reiterates the Jon Jones / Ted Bundy Polygraph test thing when asked about it. haha

Nothing bad against Cormier but when he talks about size ... He fought Josh Barnett who is not a skinny HW and also Antonio Silva and not the TRT Free Zombie one, the beast with good ground game and heavy punches. Plus, Stipe is not that big of a HW. But I understand him, except beating Jones, he really has done anything to be consider a P4P great at LHW.

Back