What if Miocic becomes a panick wrestler?

Me&MrJones

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
Put it this way, Conor McGregor has fought bigger and scarier guys like the mafia.

He panick wrestled against Diaz because it is not as easy as it looks.

he gets caught with the uppercut

What if he doesn't panic wrestle, but uses his wrestling and beats NGannou ?

Would dat be a 'bitch move' bruv ? holla at me

When has Miocic ever panic wrestled? Serious question.

When Reem dropped him, as I am rewatching, he did not try to panic wrestle, as Overeem went for a guillotine.

I think having a D1 wrestling background would mean your "panic wrestling" is much better than Conor McGregors.

Panic wrestle? He better be looking to take it to the ground. He will not survive a stand up war for 5 rounds unless Ngannou gasses terribly.

I know about his GG's etc..

It'd mean he would be engaging in the "mixed" part of "Mixed Martial Arts".

When has Miocic ever panic wrestled? Serious question.

When Reem dropped him, as I am rewatching, he did not try to panic wrestle, as Overeem went for a guillotine.
I think it's a stupid term but I can give you an example. When JDS dropped him he dove for his ankles.

he was panic wrestleing hunt right from the start!

Why is panic wrestling always viewed as cowardly when it’s the smart thing to do if you’re rocked. It’s better to try to clinch and go for a takedown to regroup vs standing there dazed and winging punches. Of course it’s not as visually pleasing.
As a Stipe fan, I hope he goes for many takedowns, even if he isn’t always successful. He needs to make Ngannou work as much as possible, and imo it might actually be more dangerous for Stipe to fight on the outside (unless he uses lots of movement). I worrry about him getting complacent with his head movement or rushing in.

worked out for mickey when he feared for his life against CM PUNK.

Dont blame him though, if CM landed he would of sent him into the 3rd or 4th row of the ringside seats

According to Sherdog wrestling = Panic Wrestling

So yes, he's probably going to wrestle and it's the smart move

If it is panic wrestling then he deserves shit for it but if its part of his gameplan then it's not panic wrestling.

Well Miocic's fighting style includes wrestling unlike McGregor's (other than the torn ACL against Holloway), so I'm not sure this is an apt comparison.

Back