Why is Ngannou's hype-train forgetting that Stipe has legit 1-punch KO power as well?

IGotAHugePeckah

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Yeah, we get it: Ngannou punched UFC's power punch toy harder than 215lb Tyrone Spong, which makes him the hardest puncher of all time for some reason. Okie doke.

Now Ngannou is the scariest man in UFC history because he KTFO Overeem and Arlovski. You guys realise that Stipe also knocked both of these guys out too, right? Both in round 1, as well.

Stipe has shown he can take guys out with one punch - tough guys like JDS. Does Ngannou hit harder than Stipe? Most likely. But what does that matter when you have two guys who can take you out with one punch either way?

This all should be obvious to anyone who's watched MMA for more than a few months, but I see so many people saying Stipe has no chance, or Stipe has to LnP Ngannou for 5 rounds to win. Ummm Stipe can take Ngannou out just as easy.

I got Stipe winning via brains, cardio and wrestling.

Dan Hardy brought this up on his recent fight breakdown.

Stipe actually has a higher KO percentage (76%) than Ngannou (64%). A stat worth filing in the back of mind, imo.

Hope Stipe lands that big punch and sleeps Francis. The more i see of the guy the less i like him. His over confidence could come back and bite him on his arse. WAR Stipe

Stipe never gets the respect he deserves. Sad. He's a hell of a fighter and champion.

Because you can't stop a train with logic or reasoning. Once it get's going it can only be derailed by a bigtime loss.

Of course he can, but actively trying to finish someone also leaves you open yourself, especially standing up. That goes both ways but Stipe has a lot more to lose and Francis has ridiculous KO power.

Wouldn't be surprised if Stipe finishes either on the ground or standing up though, he definitely has the abilities to do it.

I never like to speak in terms of certainty in MMA, yet that's such a common place here.
Stipe has a good chance to KO Ngannou as well. He also has other avenues to try if he wants to play things safer.

Dan Hardy brought this up on his recent fight breakdown.

Stipe actually has a higher KO percentage (76%) than Ngannou (64%). A stat worth filing in the back of mind, imo.
Against much better competition too.

Francis stiffens up and loads his shots so much when he throws that it's kind of ridiculous

I'd honestly say stipe, Volkan and rumble have more power cause they can all KO someone dead in short range

The thing I am most impressed about in Ngannou's punches is his accuracy

And Ngannou would be crazy to crossover to boxing

The only times wilder and joshua have been troubled as pro's were by guys with ackward movement like Spilzka and wlad

I could easily see those two walking through Ngannou much easier than stipe

Don't worry. Ngannou will be a bum that was never that good on Sunday morning. Poor Stipe will never get his due credit lol.

I don't think anyone is overlooking Stipe's power, at least I'm not. But I think we can all agree that someone is getting sent to the shadow realm on Saturday night.

I never like to speak in terms of certainty in MMA, yet that's such a common place here.
Stipe has a good chance to KO Ngannou as well. He also has other avenues to try if he wants to play things safer.
If you're not certain,
Ive got some bad news
you're not a sherdogger

Real MMA fans know Stipe is capable of KOing anyone in the world with 1 punch. His resume proves it.

However, the Francis hype train just wants to see him win because he is built like a genetic freak. The ripped physique really gives Dana and the UFC marketing team a hard one. That's why they are trying to promote Francis as being the next Tyson.

Don't worry. Ngannou will be a bum that was never that good on Sunday morning. Poor Stipe will never get his due credit lol.

Sadly I think that may actually be the narrative. Its too bad. Stipe is one of the best heavyweights ever in the UFC and does not get enough credit because he is not particularly charismatic and/or a WWE clown show....

Stipe is a damn good fighter and a pretty good human being too and there is nothing at all lacking in his personality unless you are a charisma addict.

Let heavyweights heavyweight.

Anything can happen.

green-mile.gif

Back