Who should Bisping fight?

OldNick

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
Bisping saying he's not fighting Vitor. So who should he fight for his retirement bout?

I would love Nick Diaz for this, but I doubt that shit happens.

Would like to see Bisping against Tim Boetsch. Tim is a tough enough opponent and it would be a winnable fight for both. Though, I'm not sure if his following is big enough to warrant the fight in Bisping's eyes.

Bisping isn't fighting anybody in the top 5 at this point, shit he barely did that when he was champ. So what is a realistic opponent?

Jorge Masvidal.

That fight would sell itself, as these guys already have legit beef, and the shit-talking would be hilarious in the lead up.

And both dudes are stand & bang mo-foz, so that fight would bring the violence.

Because I want him to be retired for good and not ever think of coming back, I'd love to see him fight Borrachinha

Jorge Masvidal.

That fight would sell itself, as these guys already have legit beef, and the shit-talking would be hilarious in the lead up.

Would've loved to see Jorge beat the shit out of Bisping but it's the Counts last fight so I kinda wanna see him retire on a win I guess.

Give him a dude with pillow fists and a weak chin that can talk smack.

Hopefully he gets a lower ranked guy but not a total can. He looks shot to death atm and would hate to see him go out to another brutal KO in his last fight, especially if it is on home turf. Boetsch is a good shout, David Branch also. will probably end up being a less challenging fight like Sam Alvey or Dan Kelly

hendricks

I used to be a big fan of Hendricks. I just don't care to watch him lose a UD to Bisping from being tired after the first. Especially since he just lost to Boetsch.

Jorge Masvidal.

Unfortunately Bisping has shot this down, saying he'll never fight Jorge. For all his mouth running, he wants none of it.

source.gif

Bisping saying he's not fighting Vitor. So who should he fight for his retirement bout?

Would like to see Bisping against Tim Boetsch. Tim is a tough enough opponent and it would be a winnable fight for both. Though, I'm not sure if his following is big enough to warrant the fight in Bisping's eyes.

Bisping isn't fighting anybody in the top 5 at this point, shit he barely did that when he was champ. So what is a realistic opponent?

Honestly, if he doesn't fight Vitor, I'm not interested in watching. That's the only fight that makes sense. Bisping is an all time great , but past his prime. People would be watching for legacy, not for another title run.

Last edited:
Let him beat the ever loving shit out of mayhem miller again! I'd drink to that buddeh.

based on who's criteria? Bisping has already laid out his criteria.

"I don’t want it to be some bitter rivalry with a guy that has caused me lasting disfigurement and that I’m emotionally charged up against. I’d rather go out there, put my best foot forward, enjoy the moment, fight somebody that I respect, fight somebody that’s gonna be a challenge but I have a lot of respect for, and do it in a classy way."
which eliminates a lot of people.

my guess is Camozzi. or Jonny Hendricks. which would please everyone. his fans would like his easy win, and for his detractors it will confirm everything they already think about him.

Last edited:
based on who's criteria? Bisping has already laid out his criteria.

"I don’t want it to be some bitter rivalry with a guy that has caused me lasting disfigurement and that I’m emotionally charged up against. I’d rather go out there, put my best foot forward, enjoy the moment, fight somebody that I respect, fight somebody that’s gonna be a challenge but I have a lot of respect for, and do it in a classy way."
which eliminates a lot of people.

my guess is Camozzi. or Jonny Hendricks. which would, of course, please everyone who isn't an uber-fan, because it will solidify everything they think about him.

How anyone could have more respect for Camozzi or Hendricks over Boetsch is questionable to me.

How anyone could have more respect for Camozzi or Hendricks over Boetsch is questionable to me.
oh, i'm being a little coy, and suggesting that when he says "somebody that’s gonna be a challenge but I have a lot of respect for, and do it in a classy way" what he really means is "someone who won't KTFO me for the 3rd time in a row, but by saying i want someone classy, it gives me leverage to just quietly turn down any dangerous fight offered."

oh, i'm being a little coy, and suggesting that when he says "somebody that’s gonna be a challenge but I have a lot of respect for, and do it in a classy way" what he really means is "someone who won't KTFO me for the 3rd time in a row, but by saying i want someone classy, it gives me leverage to just quietly turn down any dangerous fight offered."

Oh well in that case he's fighting Rashad Evans. :p

Honestly my opinion of Bisping has lessened because of this. I figured a true competitor would love a shot back at Vitor, especially in Vitor's non TRT, weakened state.

Though Bisping may be smarter than me and realize that no matter how hard he hits Vitor, this financial blow of not facing him in London will hit harder.

Back