lol Joanna getting that insta-rematch is utter trash. Way to go UFC

Rampage_Jackson

retired 3/6/21
@red
Reaction score
Luckily I don't care about WMMA in the slightest but how does she deserve an instant rematch?

Champions. Who. Get. Pasted. Don't. Deserve. Instant. Rematches.

Period. Clap emojis.

If its a fight like BJ vs Edgar and the champ loses his belt, sure, I can see an instant rematch. But if its a fucking brutal decisive finish? Hey, former champ, go knock yourself off a couple of contenders before you get another shot at the belt.

UFC: Where you have to beat the champion twice to be the new champ!

I would have given the shot to Andrade after the way she dismantled Gadelha, but... eh, I can live with that. I've seen worse.

Besides, call me crazy, but Rose is gonna beat the shit out of her again.

THUG ROSE IS COMING FOR YOU BOOGEYWOMAN

Last edited:
I'd explain why she deserves it but you should already know

She should at least have to beat one top ranked opponent to earn another title shot.

The most dominant SW champ of all time with 5 consecutive title defences, and is a WMMA GOAT. Some champs have gotten instant rematches with less accomplishments.

Dana loves to look after Gollum.

Because I'm stupid, I might pick BoogeyWoman to win the rematch...

You have been complaining a lot recently mr. Jackson, you should worry more about bellator wich is where you work now.

The most dominant SW champ of all time with 5 consecutive title defences. Some champs have gotten instant rematches with less accomplishments.
And I hated that as well.

Like I said unless its a controversial decision loss the exiting champ shouldn't just be expected to get a rematch. If you lose, you can at the VERY last win a title eliminator.

Plus they run through and wear down match ups when they do this shit.

Luckily I don't care about WMMA in the slightest but how does she deserve an instant rematch?

Champions. Who. Get. Pasted. Don't. Deserve. Instant. Rematches.

Period. Clap emojis.

If its a fight like BJ vs Edgar and the champ loses his belt, sure, I can see an instant rematch. But if its a fucking brutal decisive finish? Hey, former champ, go knock yourself off a couple of contenders before you get another shot at the belt.

UFC: Where you have to beat the champion twice to be the new champ!

Agree

Aldo didn't get a rematch after Conor
Rampage didn't got one after Griffin
GSP didn't got one after Serra

It's BS
but hey, ... WMMA

Because it's the only big fight in the division right now. If you can think of a bigger one feel free to share.

I agree, she got starched, a rematch should only be warranted if the fight is close.

You have been complaining a lot recently mr. Jackson, you should worry more about bellator wich is where you work now.
Meh I'll watch the HW tourney but that's about it. But to be fair to Bellator that HW tourney is more intriguing than most of what the UFC churns out including this rematch.

She should at least have to beat one top ranked opponent to earn another title shot.

Problem is, she cleaned out the division.

The next top ranked opponent that she hasn't decisively beaten is Tecia Torres.

Torres vs Joanna is a waste of everybody's time.

Joanna should just move to 125 and clean out that canfest of "ranked" contenders. She can do it in 1 night.

Next to Ronda, she has the most title defenses (5) in WMMA. The next in line has two. Arguably, she fought better competition than Ronda. I don't see a problem with it. Rose gets to prove it wasn't a fluke.

You definitely shouldn't be getting an instant rematch after getting starched like that.

But the UFC is probably right in thinking that's the best story to sell for PPV, so they'll go in that direction.

Wouldn't have minded Namajunas-Torres III and Jedzrejczyk going up and beating Montano for that one-off she was planning anyway at 125.

Back